PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Kit for Trim Star

4curbappeal
10-05-2006, 07:53 PM
PJ,

I have been contemplating on putting an aftermarket OCDC on my Trim Star. Would a mulch kit work in the same way as far as keeping grass and leaves out of beds? Would it be okay to keep the mulch kit on most of the year? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

mowerconsultant
10-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Running a mulch kit year round is hard with all the different conditions and such, but its not impossible.
It would work for you in regards of keeping clippings out of beds and off vehicles and such.
I would run it (with mulch blades) and see how you like it, then make the decision whether to use it year round, you will at least get great use out of it during leaf season.

Pj

syzer
10-09-2006, 11:09 PM
There is a company here that do 240 residential lawns a week with two 4 man crews. He has all super walk behinds and runs mulch kits on all of them. He said he loves it that way, and will run them no other way. He said periodically he will have to double cut, but not too often.

We are going to put them on our swb's, we cut high end condos, and its a bear trying to keep clippings off of cars and out of garden beds.