PDA

View Full Version : $$$$ 4 final grade

Boddie
10-06-2006, 04:16 PM
How much are you guys getting to final grade 1/4 acre lots for production builders?

Boddie

RockSet N' Grade
10-06-2006, 08:20 PM
$350-$450 to "final grade" with a skid and get the 6% away from the house. The final grades around here are really pretty shitty.....barely enough to qualify as grading at all......but, they pass inspection and that's all these production boys really care about.....

gammon landscaping
10-07-2006, 12:57 AM
well around here it depends we don't do many that small but our avarage is between 500- 20,000 we have been working off and on at one house all year

freddyc
10-07-2006, 10:53 AM
well around here it depends we don't do many that small but our avarage is between 500- 20,000 we have been working off and on at one house all year

gammon.....

if you've been working at one place all year (off and on) it must be more than just a finish grade?? The $500 number seems closer for a small lot around here with only minimul grading required. We aren't talking any major contouring or mass relocation of materials...just a smooth-out mostly. I guess its important to quantify the actual amount of grading required to give an accurate estimate.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-07-2006, 10:56 AM
hit them with a per job price how many can u get done in a day???? what do u want to make a day??? if i am only on the yard 2 hrs and gone i can get 3 or 4 done in a day

Sunscaper
10-10-2006, 12:01 AM
$0.06 per sf. That should be on a lot that had a rough grade within 2" and septic coverage within 4" before any probing.

Sunscaper
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
BTW rough grades are done hourly traditionally. NEVER bid them flat, you may be there for days, picking out rebar, concrete chunks, hauling fill dirt away etc. Don't let big builders push flat rate on roughs, any grading out more than 2" in the site plan is a rough grade within the industry here.

Scag48
10-10-2006, 04:31 AM
I don't bid rough/final by square foot, too many variables. You'll go out of business doing that crap. It's not bad to break it down and have a ballpark estimate of what it should cost, but never bid it that way. Estimates are estimates and a bid is a bid. Never should the two terms ever be confused.