PDA

View Full Version : CLIP Software???

Tim Wright
10-07-2006, 06:26 PM
I am looking at, planning, and taking steps to automate and systemitize my business.

I have three new employee's (good ones too), and am working on increasing my accounts in a major way.

I have one customer, a property manager, who currently manages 23 properties, is taking on 12 more, and personally approached me and asked my to stop in for particulars, so I can bid on all of them. I charged more than the last company on the current property.

Having said all of that I am moving into business mode, rather than my-myself-and-I business.

I am seriously looking at the Clip=qClipClassic+Quickbooks Pro or Premiere solution.

Anybody using this combo and any thoughts and comments?

Thank you much.

Tim

guntruck
10-08-2006, 09:35 PM
My business partner and my brother has used clip for us. He chose to go another route and we now have Clip for sale, if interested shoot me an email or PM.

cuttingedgeland
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
We are using QB pro contractors edition 2006 (multi-user) and Qclip - multiuser. Mainly we use Clip for printing route sheets and posting all maintenance jobs. Side work and Construction jobs are billed and costed through QB and Excell spreadsheets. Maintenace jobs are held in Clip and sent over to QB at end of each month. This system seems to be working out well for us. I like the way Clip costs maintenance jobs, it is a life saver but it requires daily entry of start and stop times for each job completed. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. I would suggest this set-up as long as your accountant helps you set things up properly. We recently had a problem upgrading to QB 2007 (clip does not get along with that version so carefull how you set things up)

hoyboy
10-25-2006, 07:22 PM
cuttingedgeland -

curious what your problem was with the qb2007 upgrade. I still have 2006 but was going to upgrade soon. If there are problems I will hold off. Can you describe? I'm using ClipPro

thanks

Dan

cuttingedgeland
11-14-2006, 04:41 PM
There are issues with the Item List... Apparantly there is something conflicting in what the QB upgrade does on its end (something to do with sub items I believe) which will not allow you to transfer anything over from Clip. It was a nightmare toying with this mid-season. Clip wanted my QB file to play with, I chose not to give this file away so I will stick with QB2006 and QClip as is. It is working fine now & if it's not broken I will not attempt to fix it. Lesson learned!

VATURF
01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Rich, I saw you have clip and are not using it. I am new to the business and looking to automate the billing side of the business. If you still have it pass me a note. Kevin

mdturf911@yahoo.com

cpel2004
01-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Do your home work!