PDA

View Full Version : Who all exactly makes 4 cycle trimmers?

Vibe Ray
06-11-2001, 02:00 AM
Who Exactly makes 4 cycle trimmers? All I know of are Kawasaki and Honda...who else? And is there a such thing as as 4 cycle with a solid steel drive shaft?

gorrell
06-11-2001, 08:44 AM
Vibe Ray, you might see if you could borrow or rent one before you buy a 4 cycle because they are major heavy, the Honda anyway, if you have to use one for extended periods I'd stay away from them simply due to the weight issue. MHO.......Lynn

Jman
06-11-2001, 09:37 AM
Maruyama makes a trimmer using the Honda 4 cycle. It does have a solid steel shaft. Weight on the 22 c.c. unit is 11.9 lbs, weight on the 31 c.c. unit is 12.5 lbs.

sdwally
06-11-2001, 10:14 AM
Robin makes one. It weights only about 1/2 pound heavier than the 2 cycles. About 4 to 5 pounds lighter than the Honda 4 cycle. We demoed one and was very impressed. The unit was using .105 line! Massive power and very quite.

CLC
06-11-2001, 10:52 AM
Ryobi makes 4 stroke trimmers but john deere bought them out so u can use ryobi stuff on a john deere

yardmonkey
06-11-2001, 11:26 AM
I bought the Robin BH2500 a couple of months ago.
I ordered it from here:
http://www.wiproducts.com/outdoor/bh2500.html

Have been very happy with it. It cost $350.00. I chose this one because it is way lighter than the Honda. My main interest in it was less vibration. It seems to make a difference in how my hands/arms are able to deal with the weedeating. Also much quieter and better for the envoronment.
If you get one, you may want to order some spark plugs with it, they are not available anywhere else and cost $11 each. I haven't replaced one yet but was going to before I wound up cleaning the plug instead when I could not buy a plug. Got some from WIP for the future.
Restringing the head on this thing is easier than on my Shindaiwa T230 or my Echo 2100.
Very good machine.

Soon I think there will be many 4-cycle trimmers.

crs
06-11-2001, 03:20 PM
Redmax also makes a four stroke trimmer. I have never used one but I know a couple of folks that have them and they like them a lot.
The dealer that sells them said they have had very few problems with them, however they do not recomend using them at odd angles such as for edging.