PDA

View Full Version : Do You Give Referrals for Other Home Services"

Jake Wolf
10-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm always seeing or being asked about things that need to be done to people's homes such as painting, power washing, driveways, tree pruning, termite, etc.

I don't yet have a list of people I can recommend for these jobs, but know it would be a great networking opportunity. Do you do anything like that and how do you go about finding the right people and making sure they are still good down the road? Do you get or pay referral fees when someone sends you new business?

Branchland
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I do. The ones I refer is either friends or customers that are in business for themselves. I only refer if I know the quality of work and dependablity. They in turn do the same for me. If I ever find out they did a crappy job I don't refer them any more. If somebody needs something done and I don't have somebody to refer them to I just tell them that.

Jason Rose
10-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I try to give referrals to guys I know, tree, irrigation, plumbers, and so on. I just watch people as I'm out and around every day, If I see stuff I like I note who is doing the work, if someone asks me if I know someone who does such and such I can tell them. Eventually it may work in your favor because your customer may tell the other contractor who they got their name from and someday you may get a break for the extra income you got them.

On a related, but opposite note... Anyone ever tell someone who NOT to call? Like you know a particular contractor that does Horrible work, while many others would do fine, so you just advise to look in the yellowpages but don't call "this guy"...

ozd12005
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I started with Home Imoprovements 17 years ago and still advertise my services. Trying to make the transition from that part of the bis to all Lawn Maintenance and landscaping has proven to be a lifesaver. Through the years I have met different guys from other trades and have given work to each other and usally have a finders fee of around 100 buck, great way to make extra cash for passing along a name and number

rodfather
10-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Most of our referral services are for companies I know well who do tree work and irrigation service/repair.