PDA

View Full Version : Wanted-Takeuchi TB135 Experience

cddva
10-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Any owner's/renter's of the TB135 out there. I'd like to hear what your take is on the machine. A local dealer has a new '06 model with cab/air, quick coupler, hyd. thumb, 24" and 13" bucket for 38K. I plan to take a look at it this week sometime. Since I have no seat time in a mini-ex, I value the experience and opinions on this site. Thanks.

RockSet N' Grade
10-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Check out all of KSSS threads and posts......he owns a similar machine

Dirty Water
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
That is a good deal, my dealer priced me out over $50k for all of that plus a 18" bucket.

RockSet N' Grade
10-08-2006, 11:53 PM
cddva.....I went down last weekend to the dealer and just test drove and eyeballed the tb135. They had a couple in the yard and on one of the machine they mounted the wrong cylinder for the thumb on the machine......the thumb is suppose to fold back flat to the stick.....this one did not. Did not dig with it, and mind you, im not familiar with the swing boom operation.....I run a fixed knuckle machine......so getting used to the visability was different. Space is well thought out inside the cab........I liked it alot. Engine compartment and air/battery compartment are tight, but everything is accessable. The quality seemed to be there, but then that was just on the lot......gotta talk with guys who are workin' that machine day in and day out.....

AWJ Services
10-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Takeuchi has been building Mini Ex's for a long time.
They built them before they started building skid steers.

They import them here through a dist hub in Atlanta.

They are real popular here.

I rented a TB125 and one thing I did not like was that the cab was a little short and allowed my head too hit the ROP.

It was a rental with 2600 hours so for all I know it could have been bent.

They are not zero tail swing cabs which may be a problem.

I have been also looking at them as well.

They generally have the highest rated breakout forces in there class .
The Kubota is the only one out there that appears too really have an advantage over the Takeuchi.

My local sales rep puts alot of the TB135 machines out there.They are very popular here.

Through my limited research I have found that pretty much all the Mini Ex's out there by the big name companies are all pretty good.
They all give good service and they all seem to have no major faults.

I remember however a post about a guy with a mini that bent the track rails on a Takeuchi.That is the only real problem I have heard of.

RockSet N' Grade
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
sorry, I just looked at my post......I looked at a 153.
Awj is right about the breakout force being there. The 153 has more published breakout force than my gehl 802 which is a 18,000 lb machine. All the takehoochi machines seem to rate very high on all their stats.

cddva
10-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the intel guys. I re-read this article from CE and it meant a little more too me this time since I'm "in the market". http://www.compactequip.com/pdfs/ce_dec05_mini_excavator.pdf
It's just a guide as far as purchasing goes but the TK machines do spec well. We'll see what happens. I posted some ads for grading and excavation services this weekend to see whether I'd get any calls for excavation work. I got the idea from an old Squizzy post where he said he had work booked for a mini-ex before he even bought it. I'd love to see that happen but I know my circumstances are alot different than his (worth a try though). I just don't want to be a guy with a mini and no work for it. It feels like things have gotten pretty slow around here in a hurry lately. I've had a steady supply of work since mid March but lately the phone calls are very few for my RC-50 services.

ksss
10-10-2006, 12:12 AM
I am really not sure why TK does not get more into the zero tail or at least a reduced tail machine. The rumor was they were going to introduce a 7500 pound machine and an 18000 pound machine with the same design as the TB53/153. I guess these machines are currently offered overseas but have yet to hit the NA market. The zero tail is a must have for me.

Scag48
10-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Takeuchi builds one hell of a machine. Wish there were more dealers out here. Eh, I'll probably be stuck with the 303 forever. We're only at 400 hours after 18 months, gonna take forever to wear that sucker out.:cry:

Gravel Rat
10-10-2006, 04:28 PM
No dealers in B.C. either so there isn't many of them around. I don't know why there isn't many Takuechi dealers around.

Scag48
10-10-2006, 06:38 PM
It's fairly surprising considering Takeuchi basically invented the mini excavator. You'd think their dealer chain would be much larger.