PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest you can lay a patio in New England

Premier_Lawn
10-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I just got a job for a total overhaul on a yard that was in serious need of help. We talked about doing a 15x15 paver patio in her backyard so its pretty simple nothing hard. I was just curious about the temps. I mean as long as the ground is not frozen yet i should be fine to lay the patio...right? I probably wont start this for about 2 weeks so that will bring us to the middle/end of October. Location is CT.
Thanks in advance.

richallseasons
10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
We do that kind of work as long as the weather permits which is through December most of the time.you have to factor in temps but other things come into play that are important too like mud and rain or snow.Some guys will take a large job and tent off the area and bring in portable heaters, I think that if you have the resources you could probably go 12 months around here.

mrusk
10-10-2006, 05:18 PM
I have a 3 week job on the board that i was going to start Nov 1st. I am going to hold off untill spring since i know it is going to be a pain cleaning up after that job and it will be impossible to re seed. I know the customer doesn't want to look at mud. Also, if we get a early snow i am screwed. I have worked booked untill Nov 1st so after that i am just going to dry to pickup a couple of 1-3 day jobs.

Matt

forestfireguy
10-10-2006, 06:46 PM
There are guys who lay pavers in heated tents. We don't and I can't see it being easy as materials still freeze. We try not to take on anything more than a day or three in length past the end of Oct.

Premier_Lawn
10-10-2006, 11:45 PM
thanks for the info guys... i never thought about the heated tent idea. I don't think i need to use it on this job but will definitely keep that in the back of my mind:clapping: . I think this job might only take me 2-3 days its nothing hard.

Dirty Water
10-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Marcus does some pretty amazing work in heated tents.

Search on here, he's posted the setup.