PDA

View Full Version : Probally a stupid question but im new to this

Premier_Lawn
10-10-2006, 11:00 PM
when i see patio or a front porch or a landing thats raised or something along those lines whats on the inside. what I'm trying to get at is.. are the pavers/stone laying on a concret base and just adhered to the top of it. Or is it back filled with compacted dirt and leveled. or is there something that I'm missing. Just had to ask, like i said its probably a stupid question, just had it on my mind.:confused:

Mike's All Season Service
10-11-2006, 10:14 AM
i think im understanding you right. some people just glue them to the existing concrete porch that is there.

Premier_Lawn
10-12-2006, 08:04 PM
thanks mike that kinda answers one of the questions I'm not very good at trying to explain myself. let me try this...what if you are going to connect 2 patios with lets say 2 different heights...just back fill as you go with compacting every step starting at the lower end? Or if you are making a raised patio with walls you are constructing and want to drop steps down...again are you just gunna back fill as you go compacting along the way up. sorry i just cant figure it out

Mike's All Season Service
10-13-2006, 12:20 PM
It sounds a little confusing. what you might want to do is draw a sketch or do something in paint, Im always good with visuals. And then maybe i can be of some help!!:waving:

Premier_Lawn
10-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Mike i really appreciate you sticking with me through this post :hammerhead: i know its probably sounding ridiculous by now but Ive search this site and got some previous post. i just want to get whats under the stair...like how they were installed. I just want to be sure that I'm gunna do things right in the future and not disappoint customers. Again thank Mike

mbella
10-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Mike i really appreciate you sticking with me through this post :hammerhead: i know its probably sounding ridiculous by now but Ive search this site and got some previous post. i just want to get whats under the stair...like how they were installed. I just want to be sure that I'm gunna do things right in the future and not disappoint customers. Again thank Mike

Pics one, two and three, we would use what is called the "pedestal method." That means that behind those stairs is block, no fill.

Pick four, the steps are constructed of natural slabs. When using natural slabs, we set the first step on modified base aggregate and each of the following on base aggregate, overlapping the slab directly beneath by an inch or whatever distance is required to yield the desired tread depth.

DVS Hardscaper
10-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Maybe these pictures can help. By the way, this will be $100 for the assistance!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/ScapeItWS6360CJ7/Ken1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/ScapeItWS6360CJ7/Ken2.jpg

Final Outcome (and NO, we did NOT do the planting! The clients did!!):
http://www.outdoorfinishes.com/images/services/patios/Windsong/Paver-Walk-planter-lg.jpg

Premier_Lawn
10-16-2006, 09:23 PM
THANKS!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

DVS just let me know where to send the check. Thats exactly what i needed to see. This really helps out alot...again thank you DVS.
Also great job on the walk looks great.