PDA

View Full Version : My new toy - 2006 Sea-Doo RXT

jtkplc
10-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I just bought a leftover 2006 Sea-Doo RXT and got a great deal because the dealer wanted it gone. I've had it out 4 times and I wish I didn't have to put it away very soon with winter coming. I can't wait until spring now...

The hole shots are just simply crazy and the power at any speed is unbelievable. This is my first PWC, so I can't really compare it to anything, but it seems to handle rough water very well. Here are a few pics:

JB1
10-11-2006, 03:28 PM
looks great, now did you buy that to get to some island homes you maintain, tax right off.

Petr51488
10-11-2006, 04:58 PM
What did you pay for it?

stuffdeer
10-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey, Nice Jet Ski.

MysticLandscape
10-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I buying one in the spring, Dont know if I want a sea-doo, a yamaha or a polaris. Have to do some shopping.

jtkplc
10-11-2006, 08:51 PM
What did you pay for it?

The PWC itself was $9699. The total package: the PWC, one place trailer, 4 year extended warranty, fire extingusher, TTL, and a cover was a little under $12,300.

jtkplc
10-11-2006, 08:53 PM
I buying one in the spring, Dont know if I want a sea-doo, a yamaha or a polaris. Have to do some shopping.

Here is where I did a lot of my research: www.pwctoday.com. They have a very active forum with good info. Good luck!

climber
10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Thats a nice toy ya got there! I have a Kawasaki 750 (stand-up) bored out to 805 I think, its quit quick its a retired racer. There a blast on the weekends especially when your the fastest on the lake! But make sure you dont drink and drive :nono: one of these. One of our neighbors at our lake did and was screwing around on his and wreck doing about 60. He was knocked out and spent the week in the hospital and came out with a few broken bones and a quit a few bruses! But have fun and take care of it and you should be trouble free...

Dan

ACutAbovesiny
10-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Nice. Have fun on that thing.

jtkplc
10-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Thats a nice toy ya got there! I have a Kawasaki 750 (stand-up) bored out to 805 I think, its quit quick its a retired racer. There a blast on the weekends especially when your the fastest on the lake! But make sure you dont drink and drive :nono: one of these. One of our neighbors at our lake did and was screwing around on his and wreck doing about 60. He was knocked out and spent the week in the hospital and came out with a few broken bones and a quit a few bruses! But have fun and take care of it and you should be trouble free...

Dan

Not to worry, I don't drink....

climber
10-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Thats great! A plus for you and take care our her and she'll take care of you!

Dan

Fireball the wall
10-12-2006, 06:58 PM
awesome. i always wanted a pwc but never had the time or money. that last pic is sweet.

jtkplc
10-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Thats great! A plus for you and take care our her and she'll take care of you!

Dan

I hear ya, but seriously, there is NOTHING feminine about 215 horsepower between your legs!

ALarsh
10-12-2006, 09:11 PM
215 HP? You kidding me?

climber
10-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Ya you right about that! I have 100+hp on my single person! But I rather have a girl between my legs than a guy!

Dan

jtkplc
10-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Ya you right about that! I have 100+hp on my single person! But I rather have a girl between my legs than a guy!

Dan

LOL...I can't argue with that....:laugh:

jtkplc
10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
215 HP? You kidding me?

Yes sir, here's the link to Sea-Doo's website about it....http://www.sea-doo.com/SeaDooPublic/_Static/archives/archives_2006/en-US/Watercrafts/2006/Musclecraft/RXT/Specs.htm

jtkplc
10-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Here is a video of the hole shot of my RXT. I wish I had a better camera that took better quality videos, but you still get the idea, this thing is a rocket.

ALarsh
10-13-2006, 08:53 PM
What does it top out at?

jtkplc
10-13-2006, 09:08 PM
What does it top out at?

I haven't had mine to top speed, but others that I read about online say around 65-66. But remember with jet drives top end speeds aren't high compared to the hp running them, it's more about how quickly you achieve speed.

DoetschOutdoor
10-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Yea, that is the supercharged one right? My buddy has the one with 180 I believe (the year before yours I think). The top speed really doesnt matter because on the holeshot these jet skis blow everything else away. We've had his 66 with 2 people. These dang things are just too expensive to sit all winter and after riding a supercharged one, I cannot settle for one that is not.

jtkplc
10-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Yea, that is the supercharged one right? My buddy has the one with 180 I believe (the year before yours I think). The top speed really doesnt matter because on the holeshot these jet skis blow everything else away. We've had his 66 with 2 people. These dang things are just too expensive to sit all winter and after riding a supercharged one, I cannot settle for one that is not.

Yes, mine is supercharged and also intercooled, which the 180hp one is not. Expensive they are, but I've spent a lot of money on equipment and the likes and I still live at home, so I opted to buy a toy while I had the oppurtunity.

justanotherlawnguy
10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
The PWC itself was $9699. The total package: the PWC, one place trailer, 4 year extended warranty, fire extingusher, TTL, and a cover was a little under $12,300.
That is a sick price for a brand new PWC. Down here you can get a similar ski for probably 8000. Tons of people buy PWC's and use them a handful of times and then the ski never sees any action EVER. People just keep them in thier garage until they decide to sell it. Then they sell it for a huge loss.

You can get a brand new ski with all the extras for 1000's less then a brand new one. People are idiots down here. They buy them and dont realize what a PITA it is to actually take it out somewhere....

Oh well, Nice ski though.

How cold is that water this time of year? Even now down here the water is getting a bit chilly to go out skiing.....

DoetschOutdoor
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM
If you can get that same jet ski shown in the pics, supercharged and brand new in FL for 8g, give me directions to your dealer and Ill be down in the spring. 8G maybe for somthing that is not supercharged or used but I couldnt settle for non supercharged and buying a used jet ski is usually a bad idea

jtkplc
10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
That is a sick price for a brand new PWC. Down here you can get a similar ski for probably 8000. Tons of people buy PWC's and use them a handful of times and then the ski never sees any action EVER. People just keep them in thier garage until they decide to sell it. Then they sell it for a huge loss.

You can get a brand new ski with all the extras for 1000's less then a brand new one. People are idiots down here. They buy them and dont realize what a PITA it is to actually take it out somewhere....

Oh well, Nice ski though.

How cold is that water this time of year? Even now down here the water is getting a bit chilly to go out skiing.....

I would say the water temp. is in the 50's.

justanotherlawnguy
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
If you can get that same jet ski shown in the pics, supercharged and brand new in FL for 8g, give me directions to your dealer and Ill be down in the spring. 8G maybe for somthing that is not supercharged or used but I couldnt settle for non supercharged and buying a used jet ski is usually a bad idea

I didnt say from a dealer.

There is nothing wrong with buying a used jet ski down here. There are tons of them. Like i said, people buy them use them once or twice, maybe 5 times at most then they sit idle until they decide to get rid of it later in the year or the following year.
I have bought 2 used over the years and they have been nothing short of outstanding

DoetschOutdoor
10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Yea, if you are lucky enough to find one that hasnt been beat up then I know you could get a good deal. It just seems like around here everyone uses theirs heavely and then they are always loaded with hours and abuse when they want to sell a year or so down the line.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-16-2006, 09:02 PM
12 grand is ALOT of money for any ski, but the seadoo is mighty fast and very good looking.

I bought a Kawasaki STX12F a few months ago, new... with trailer and all the fees for 8300$. Bought a cover from Overtons for 60$. It is nearly as fast out of the hole as the seadoo and will still run around 60mph.

Then a friend told me he had a old waverunner I could have for 200$. I bought it and was pleasantly surprised to find it had a double trailer, so I restored the trailer and cleaned up the yamaha and got it running - only needed a 20$ rebuilt kit for the carb - and moved my STX to the double trailer.

Then after reading all the posts about how much fun the old stand up jet skis are, I bought a used - but looks like new - Kawasaki JS-550 stand up.... 600$

So for under 9 grand I have three jet skis, and two trailers. I winterized them about 3 weeks ago and may take the big kawasaki to the Florida Keys this winter to have some fun, elsewise they will sit waiting for me to burn some gas up on the lake next summer

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Here is the two sit downs on the last trip this year to the lake

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-16-2006, 09:06 PM
:waving: Here I am on the stand up