PDA

View Full Version : Lawnmower Race

TheLawnBarber
10-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Heres a little somthing I did after school with some friends. Can you tell work is slowing down here in Idaho?

1st Metro 36
2nd Craftman LT 2000
3rd 11 horse 36
(the video is to large to post)

J&R Landscaping
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!! Must have a lot of free time out there!!!

TheLawnBarber
10-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes, work is slow unfortunetly. All the leaves haven't fallen yet from the trees yet. I'm really bummed I can't show the video.

newz7151
10-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Yes, work is slow unfortunetly. All the leaves haven't fallen yet from the trees yet. I'm really bummed I can't show the video.

www.youtube.com

jtkplc
10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Here is something like that that one of my friends and I did several years back. Needless to say that Weedeater smoked me!!!

capecodlawn
10-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Holy Redneck!!

TheLawnBarber
09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Just found this. High School was hella fun!

S man
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I bet my lazer z would smoke all of you!

TheLawnBarber
09-09-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm sure it would!:hammerhead:

kleankutslawn
09-10-2008, 12:26 AM
who won the race?

TheLawnBarber
09-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I did. I was packin Jungle Wheels.

TheLawnBarber
09-10-2008, 12:45 AM
These photos where also taken about a year and a half ago.

TomberLawn
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM

Not my Murray! lol. I was clocked going 43mph through a field. I have no idea what the top speed is, though. I was only in 4th gear (it has 5) and about 3/4 throttle before I had to start slowing down to make a turn. My guess is that it would go well over 50, maybe hit 60mph, on a smooth, straight track.

Danielslawnservice
09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Not my Murray! lol. I was clocked going 43mph through a field. I have no idea what the top speed is, though. I was only in 4th gear (it has 5) and about 3/4 throttle before I had to start slowing down to make a turn. My guess is that it would go well over 50, maybe hit 60mph, on a smooth, straight track.

DANMMMMM!
LOL

TheLawnBarber
09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
I wanna know how the hell you make a murray lawn tractor go 50MPH because I want one.:laugh:

02DURAMAX
09-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!

TomberLawn
09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Disclaimer: The modifications described in this post are NOT recommended! :nono: You are at your own risk if you modify your mower. I take no responsibility for anything stupid you do. :hammerhead: Now, on with the good stuff :clapping:

My friend and I built this mower together probably a year or two ago. The pulley on the bottom of the engine was probably about 5-6" diameter and the pulley on the transmission was probably about 10-11" diameter. To make it go faster, we put a larger pulley on the engine (I think 7" was all we could fit due to clearance behind the front axle), and a tiny pulley on the transmission, like 1.75". We had a hard time keeping belts on that tiny pulley. So, a mower that did go 4-5mph would go 50 or more. We also removed the governor gear so it could rev a little higher. We installed a digital tachometer to keep an eye on things so we wouldn't blow it up.

For better handling/driving, we reworked the throttle to a foot pedal and unhooked the brake control from the clutch, so we could shift on the fly. The brake cable was hooked to the mower deck engage lever (old cheap mower with the throw lever, not an electric clutch). That worked, but not too well. I hit the brakes one time coming down a hill towards a little bridge and locked up the rear tires. It started skidding and teetering. I made the thing really top heavy, so I jumped off to keep it from flipping. The mower was going 35mph at the time.

I was really surprised at how "good" that old mower was. We got it from my grandfather after he thought it was junk and wouldn't run. Turns out, it just needed a couple parts for the starter. The 12.5 Briggs I/C has tons of torque. It will pop a wheelie in 2nd gear, and break traction when you shift. With straight pipe exhaust (and a chrome tip) it sounds really good.

Next time I go to my friend's house, I'll try to remember to get a picture of it. We haven't driven it in a while (work, college get in the way, plus we started to realize how dangerous it was), but I think we might need to run it again soon!

deere615
09-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Disclaimer: The modifications described in this post are NOT recommended! :nono: You are at your own risk if you modify your mower. I take no responsibility for anything stupid you do. :hammerhead: Now, on with the good stuff :clapping:

My friend and I built this mower together probably a year or two ago. The pulley on the bottom of the engine was probably about 5-6" diameter and the pulley on the transmission was probably about 10-11" diameter. To make it go faster, we put a larger pulley on the engine (I think 7" was all we could fit due to clearance behind the front axle), and a tiny pulley on the transmission, like 1.75". We had a hard time keeping belts on that tiny pulley. So, a mower that did go 4-5mph would go 50 or more. We also removed the governor gear so it could rev a little higher. We installed a digital tachometer to keep an eye on things so we wouldn't blow it up.

For better handling/driving, we reworked the throttle to a foot pedal and unhooked the brake control from the clutch, so we could shift on the fly. The brake cable was hooked to the mower deck engage lever (old cheap mower with the throw lever, not an electric clutch). That worked, but not too well. I hit the brakes one time coming down a hill towards a little bridge and locked up the rear tires. It started skidding and teetering. I made the thing really top heavy, so I jumped off to keep it from flipping. The mower was going 35mph at the time.

I was really surprised at how "good" that old mower was. We got it from my grandfather after he thought it was junk and wouldn't run. Turns out, it just needed a couple parts for the starter. The 12.5 Briggs I/C has tons of torque. It will pop a wheelie in 2nd gear, and break traction when you shift. With straight pipe exhaust (and a chrome tip) it sounds really good.

Next time I go to my friend's house, I'll try to remember to get a picture of it. We haven't driven it in a while (work, college get in the way, plus we started to realize how dangerous it was), but I think we might need to run it again soon!

You need to get pics, that thing sounds sweet. Me and my friends aquired an extremely old cub cadet this summer. It sat outside for years. we got it running but there is still alot to do to it yet, we haven't worked on it in a while.

STIHL GUY
09-13-2008, 12:30 AM
that is really sweet

Kglenn04
09-27-2008, 02:25 AM

i'd give you the business with my 4 speed turo with turbo lol