PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken the ICPI course?

ACutAbovesiny
10-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Who have taken the course and what do you think of it? Do they send you an actual certificate when you pass?

paponte
10-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Yes, I am certified through them. Honestly majority of the material I had already known from experience. I did pick up a couple of technical pointers, and you keep the book as well. I can say, the open bar and the dinner was the best part of the experience. I was able to network with other contractors and share that way. After the test I believe it takes about a month to get the certificate. :)

ACutAbovesiny
10-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Would you say its worth the $250? I have some but not alot of experience with pavers.

paponte
10-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Would you say its worth the $250? I have some but not alot of experience with pavers.

No, the question is... would YOU say it's worth the $250? For me I already did paver installs and this was just another selling point as well as another certification under my belt. You shouldn't look at certifications as a cost, but rather a benefit in establishing credibility. :)

tthomass
10-12-2006, 07:45 PM
what he said ^............what i didn't like was no discussion about walls and steps............basically "here is your flat surface and techniques" preaching

ACutAbovesiny
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
No, the question is... would YOU say it's worth the $250? For me I already did paver installs and this was just another selling point as well as another certification under my belt. You shouldn't look at certifications as a cost, but rather a benefit in establishing credibility. :)

when i asked if it was worth it i meant did it give you any knowledge?
also was it worth taking 2 days from work?

i feel that the cost is relatively low.

YardPro
10-15-2006, 10:36 AM
i also have mine and think is is absolutely worth it.
one of the benefits for us is the added credibility..
for example NC state has had a test program for pervious pavers. With our ICPI cert. we are qualified installers for not only them, but for other NCDWQ (division of water quality) projects.

The NCDWQ has, just this year accepted pervious paving as a BMP, BUT it has to be installed by qualified installers. Having an ICPI is part of that criteria.

DoetschOutdoor
10-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Does anyone have a website any additional info on this course? Is this somthing that I can take if I basically have no experience at all with pavers? Thanks

Rex Mann
10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Go to ICPI.ORG
and click on calender.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

Jamesgateslandscaping
10-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Its a great course!!! Do it!!:clapping: Helps you become more comfortable with the product and just another selling point;)
James