PDA

View Full Version : First paver patio install w/pictures

promower
10-12-2006, 05:43 PM
First hardscape job, still needs stairs (next year), this was a job at my own house. Theres a lot of things I would have done different, it's not perfect but it was a good learning expierence.

paponte
10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Why is there 2 different colors? :confused:

promower
10-12-2006, 08:53 PM
LOL, I started this job in May and got so swamped with work that I never got a chance to finish it until this week. The bricks are the same, it's just that the new ones havent faded to match the old ones yet. They are cheap bricks, .39 a piece, they started out red and charcol and ended up a more terracota color.

Pavers Plus
10-13-2006, 09:44 PM
If you purchased those pavers at different times, the color is not going to magically match over time, especially on a budget paver like Pavestone or Old Castle.

You should probably plan on investing in some new pavers in the spring and make sure you buy them at the same time. 1 person should be able to re-lay your patio within 1 day.

mbella
10-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know if your wall is wavy, or if it's the pavement, but you're going to have puddling issues in the pavement area behind the center of the wall that runs parallel with the house.

If the pavement is wavy, take out the pavers correct the base.

promower
10-14-2006, 12:09 AM
mbella, you are right and its a pavement problem. It's actually not as bad as the picture makes it look but It still needs to be fixed. This whole project was done only to get my feet wet with kind of work. It's not perfect (obviously) and I wouldnt feel comfortable doing a patio for a customer yet, but hopefully things improve and I can more and more into hardscaping. Thanks for the input

mbella
10-14-2006, 12:32 PM
mbella, you are right and its a pavement problem. It's actually not as bad as the picture makes it look but It still needs to be fixed. This whole project was done only to get my feet wet with kind of work. It's not perfect (obviously) and I wouldnt feel comfortable doing a patio for a customer yet, but hopefully things improve and I can more and more into hardscaping. Thanks for the input

That's a good way to learn. When you do start installing for other people, start small. This year, we started offering wet applications and I sold very small jobs like driveway piers and small sitting walls.