PDA

View Full Version : My first season....Done with.... :(

stuffdeer
10-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Well, These were just taken 5 minutes ago.

I found out, that about 3 hours north of here, (Alpena) there is about 5 in of snow there....

Yes, that is some stuck on the grass..

Time to move over to plowsite...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0098-1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0097-1.jpg

liquidforcedude7
10-12-2006, 05:20 PM
ohh wat I'd give for it to snow here...

climber
10-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Ya' same here in pittsburgh we go our first today just some little flurries but still a lil' early! And if you gte alot more with those leaves on the tree your gonna' have some issues with broken branches...

Dan

DBL
10-12-2006, 05:23 PM
my first year we got in over our heads and when snow fell i was so happy it all slowed down

Joe2920
10-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I am def hoping for some snow ... it is also my first year... been too busy..

Up North
10-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Well, These were just taken 5 minutes ago.

I found out, that about 3 hours north of here, (Alpena) there is about 5 in of snow there....

Yes, that is some stuck on the grass..

Time to move over to plowsite...

We've got snow covered lawns here right now and they're calling for 2 more inches tonight. Some places in MN got 4-6 inches already. But, next week is supposed to get nice again so I have no doubt I'll be finishing up the clean ups next week as this snow will be gone in a day or so. Besides...I ain't pulling the plow out till the last week of October! I refuse to plow in October, I wait all year for October to roll around as it's my favorite month and then...BAM! Winter hits mid month and it's all downhill from there for the next 5 months.

Buck

zim bob the landscaper
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
i hope we have a very good winter as in 12-24 inches like at least 3 or them and one 36-48 inch storm. that would be nice.

Fireball the wall
10-12-2006, 07:00 PM
we havn't had any snow in south central pa but it's supposed to drop down around freezing tonoight. i can wait. i ready for the season to be over and looking forward to skiing.

metro36
10-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Let in snow...Let it snow.. Let it snow
I dreaming of a white christmas....

I can olny dream of that for now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got a while till snow removal...payup payup payup payup

J&R Landscaping
10-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I dont want any of that snow yet. I neeed to get a plow for my new truck first, then I'll take a blizzard 3 times a week!!!

duke99
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
stuff deer -- where are you located in southgate ? im right next door in lincoln park ..

stuffdeer
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Duke, I'm Off Eureka between Allen RD, and Dix-Toledo Rd.

jtkplc
10-12-2006, 09:03 PM
We were out mowing in the lake effect snows today. At times you could hardly see it was snowing so hard. It was also very cold mowing into the strong wind and snow. Oh well, the grass had to be cut!

DJ Contracting
10-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Stuffdeer up here in Mid Mich we have had some heavy snow but nothing sticking, it's to warm yet btw your over an hour away from me and (Alpena) is at least Three hours away from me, anyway don't put your equipment away just yet we still have leaves on the trees.

ALarsh
10-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Just because you got some snow doesn't mean your season is over... There are still LOTS of leaves on those trees. Don't be too quick to winterize the equipment. It snowed here last night... we were out mowing today. I plan for another 3-4 weeks of mowing before I winterize equipment.

DodgeTruckMan731
10-12-2006, 09:24 PM
mike its not over yet we got awhile to go, i saw pictures of houghton they have like 6 inches on everything except the cement! were lucky we didnt get that.

stuffdeer
10-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm not putting the equipment away yet guys.

I'm just saying, with these nice and cold 30 degree nights, the grass won't grow.

Tons of leaves on the trees here yet. I am oping to bring in some good cash for leaf season.

jsf343
10-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow, I was hoping someone would post some pictures of the snow. What I wouldn't give to have a little more here! You guys are lucky. The local politicians have spewed so much hot air that it has warmed up the air around here so we don't get as much snow anymore.:cry: :cry:
post some more pictures for us snow starved individuals!!:laugh:

Prestige-Lawncare
10-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Nope ... I still see leaves on the trees ... that means there is still work to do young man!

:weightlifter:

Lawnsmithcare
10-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Snowed here yesterday too.

Mike's All Season Service
10-13-2006, 12:28 PM
We dont have many leaves on the trees today, because of the high winds along with the snow it has knocked them all off. Im just waiting for the snow on the ground to go away so that we can make some money:clapping: Once i get all my leaf removals done then its fine to snow all it likes

Idealtim
10-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't want snow yet, a little to early for us in conn. and im not ready for it. All I kno is when it does come, i'm praying for a lot!

RedWingsDet
10-14-2006, 04:58 PM
it doesnt mean u have to quit working cause it snowed one day.

it did snow thurs, but... it was all gone thursday night.

I plan on mowing until 2nd week of november, then fall cleanups and xmas lights until the snow finally hits

Newbie07
10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
stuffdeer, can you plow with that truck, not being rude, i was just curious, im from Texas so we dont get any of that stuff, some of ya'll were calling it snow??? Im not sure, i guess thats what that white stuff is. I;ve certainly never seen any of it. . . .is there an icesite.com?? :confused: Thats all we get

stuffdeer
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Nope, Don't, and prolly cannot plow with it!

I don't think there is an Icesite.com, but I know there is a Plowsite.com!

duke99
10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
its sounds crazy but you could put a small plow on the front of the s-10 ... if you had too ...... i had a 2 wd dodge dakota with a snowbear .... which worked for me a few yrs ... but it depends on your suspension too ...

Poncho25
10-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Snow? whats that stuff?? I will keep mowin ;) you can keep that snow, lived in NYC for most my life and seen enough, k thanks. :) GL with the snow an cold guys, I will be sitting by my heated pool the weeks I am not working (winter time means usally every 2 weeks work) drinking a beer thinking about what the other poor souls are doing....You will be plowing snow!! muuahaha:laugh:

Much love to you all :) be safe!