PDA

View Full Version : Flex forks or seat springs?

mls64
10-15-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm a new FasTrak 52" owner and am wondering if I add the Flex Forks will the seat springs be necessary? The back 2 acres of my property are pretty bumpy (need to fix that!) and I'm looking to make the ride more comfortable.

Thanks!
Mike

mowerconsultant
10-16-2006, 11:31 AM
If I had to pick one or the other, I would go with the Flex Forks for sure, they really smooth out the ride of the mower, not just the ride for the operator.

Pj

lawnstriper23
10-16-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm a new FasTrak 52" owner and am wondering if I add the Flex Forks will the seat springs be necessary? The back 2 acres of my property are pretty bumpy (need to fix that!) and I'm looking to make the ride more comfortable.

Thanks!
Mike

Mike, I have a set of flex forks for sale if you are interested. PM me for more details..........Striper

mls64
10-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Hmm. Not yet able to PM (must be too new). But I'm interested.

lawnstriper23
10-18-2006, 01:44 PM
This is from a previous post by me.
"Anybody looking to purchase a set of these for a MFT machine? If so I have a set that I am willing to part with for $150 plus shipping. The forks have approx 5 hours on them so they are just like new. I am selling due to purchasing the bagger for my MFT. Send me an IM, email or just post here. First to come up with the cash gets them.............."
Let me know if you would be interested in the forks because they are taking up space in my garage (plus I need the cash for a new bagger). Not too sure about restrictions about posting email addresses so I will try to find your email addy to give you more details........Striper

mls64
10-19-2006, 05:33 PM
I guess I need Admin help, as I keep getting a message stating that I can't send PMs because of account registration. But I am interested in the flex forks.

mowerconsultant
10-19-2006, 06:34 PM
e-mail the owner of LS and see what he can do for you.
Otherwise, if you 2 would e-mail me I will exchange your information for you.

Pj

blackandgold
10-20-2006, 01:06 AM
Since both are relatively inexpensive, I think you should get both.

gps_jetskier
10-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Any pictures of this Flex Seat yet?

mls64
10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
e-mail the owner of LS and see what he can do for you.
Otherwise, if you 2 would e-mail me I will exchange your information for you.

Pj

Apparently have to have minimum 10 days and 10 posts on the Forums in order to PM. My email should be listed in my profile, though.

lawnstriper23
10-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Flex forks that I had for sale are not longer available. Decided to keep them...........

mowerconsultant
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Any pictures of this Flex Seat yet?

Not yet, I am awaiting them from our photographer.

Pj

Ted Bell
10-28-2006, 01:38 PM
I would like to see this new seat setup. Operator comfort is getting more attention from many manufacturers.

nfarr
11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
I have not used the flex forks, However, I purchased the springs for the seat on my 2052 Fastrak about 4 months ago and three of the threaded nuts in the seat have already pulled out. I inserted larger washers to replace them and they have all pulled out except one.

I have the seat strapped on with a rope to keep it from jumping up and twisting sideways. It seems to have put added stress on the attach points.

mowerconsultant
11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
This shouldn't of happened, and I have never heard of it happening.
Did you show your dealer? do you have any pics?

nfarr
11-06-2006, 07:11 PM
This shouldn't of happened, and I have never heard of it happening.
Did you show your dealer? do you have any pics?

I mentioned it to the dealer and he said to drop by and show it to them.

I will snap a couple of shots and send them to you.

nfarr
11-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Wanted to drop a quick note, thanks for your help. I recieved the new seat yesterday, under warranty. This type of services is why I bought Hustler.

mowerconsultant
11-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Wanted to drop a quick note, thanks for your help. I recieved the new seat yesterday, under warranty. This type of services is why I bought Hustler.

Good to hear and glad I could help.

Pj

gps_jetskier
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Any pictures of the seat yet?

mowerconsultant
11-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Any pictures of the seat yet?
Not that I can post yet, sorry.

jcltyson
11-29-2006, 09:12 PM
PJ
I have been having trouble with the flex forks circles. In the beginning, when I purchased my machine (4/12/06) the flex forks were great. No bouncing or high recoil (rebound) problems. At the end of the season things were different. I began experiencing the crop circles in a bad way. I've complained several times to the dealer. They, in turn, called Hustler and have only recommended adjusting the deck (which they said should be done after the 1st 10 hours of operation). This has been completed by the dealer. The dealer techs told me the only thing I can do is complain to Hustler (Excel). I've noticed several folks on this forum have recieved a new set after experiencing these conditions. Bottom line ... I want this also. I've had customers complain and believe I've lost one large account as a result. A number of minor things have gone wrong with this unit but were repaired promptly by the dealer. I like and wish to keep utililizing this machine in my business but this reaction will keep haunting me until something is done.
Please give me a phone number and a person's name that would be familar with this 'condition' to speak with for some kind of remedy.
I appreciate your help.

gps_jetskier
11-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Is it a secret? :)
It was shown at the show right? :laugh:

mowerconsultant
11-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Please give me a phone number and a person's name that would be familar with this 'condition' to speak with for some kind of remedy.
I appreciate your help.

E-mail me please, with this subject in the subject line.

Pj

mowerconsultant
11-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Is it a secret? :)
It was shown at the show right? :laugh:
Not a secret, but I do not have "official" pics to post.
Yes, prototypes were shown at the shows in the last 2 months.

Pj

timmac
12-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I too would like to have a phone number for some new ones. I have complained on here before about the crop circles and would like some help other than my dealer. It seems as my dealer has no clue about this problem with the forks. thanks

mowerconsultant
12-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Gentlemen,
You need to work through your dealer.
You can e-mail me your information and I will get it to a service manager for your area and they will work with your dealer.

Pj

gps_jetskier
12-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Are crop circles a common problem really? I've had them from the minute I put the forks on which I've posted about. Seems this is typical for alot of folks. Sounded like a trade off last time we talked about it.