PDA

View Full Version : boots made for lawn & garden

noseha
10-16-2006, 09:33 AM
:walking: I read in the weekend paper about a new boot made by lawngrips with a no feel steel toe and soccer shoe design. Does anyone have a pair?

bln
10-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Yes, Iam wearing them as i type this and they feel great. I don't know if you have ever worn a soccer shoe or not but they are way more comfortable. Highly recommended.:walking:

noseha
10-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Yes, Iam wearing them as i type this and they feel great. I don't know if you have ever worn a soccer shoe or not but they are way more comfortable. Highly recommended.:walking:

how long do they last? do you dig with them? I like my red wings but would like something new :confused:

Cutter1
10-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I have two pairs of lawn grips, I have had the one pair all year, usually go through one or two pairs of boots while cutting, the lawngrips are still in good shape, might even go two years with them. I dig with them too, steel toed and have heald up real good. Extremly comfortable, feels like your wearing slippers all day.

Phil's Lawn Care
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Where do you buy these, is their a website for them, or can you buy them at any shoe store??

noseha
10-17-2006, 04:27 PM
LAWNGRIPS is the name. you can't post web site on here. but should be able to tell you the site is the name

twj721
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Bought a pair of 8" at the Expo and they just got here today have not took the time to open them up been having fun installing 1st a hot water hot side outlet hose because the other one developed a pin hole and we woke up this morning to water on the floor on the back porch got that finished then went top my 2nd project of the day which was attempting to install a ADVANCE CHUTE SYSTEM on my Scag Turft Tiger sure not as easy as the video makes it look but we got it on now 30 mins of down time before afternoon bus route guess I'll open boots when I get back from bus route .

Shawns Lawns
10-20-2006, 08:49 AM
i bought a pair at the beginning of the season and agree that they are one of the most comfortable lawn shoes i have owned. Also the waterproof is second to none. I was in standing water and my socks did not get wet. The only thing i do not like is the soles of the shoes wear to quickly. I think they should last more than one season. Remember i am in Maine and the season is not as long here.:waving:

MarcSmith
10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
i got almost one year out the soles of mine, and most of my walking is an urban environment...

I do like the tread design, never once did my wife yell at me tracking stuff into the house....

Gators_Aerator
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
I have had mine for both the spring and fall aeration season. I love them. I wear them to cut my own lawn. They are comfortable. I wear them when I place flyers in neighborhoods, no wet feet and they are great to wear all day.

SLC, LLC
10-24-2006, 09:58 PM
are the boots really all slip-on or velcro-style? do they make any with laces? i checked the website and did not see them, but i may have looked right past it.

noseha
10-25-2006, 06:39 AM
I thank you may have look at womans, i have to look. man boot is what I was looking at 8'' with laces

Gators_Aerator
10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I have the lace up ones. I was skeptical at first, but I too have worn many a shoe, boot or clog to protect from the wet and mud from aeration and I have found these shoes to be the best so far.

Idealtim
11-01-2006, 06:22 PM
How big of a jump is it from wookboots to these things?

twj721
11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
LOVE THESE BOOTS!!!! REALLY AMAZING they really fit and do not hurt my feet like new boots sometimes do . just wondering about life of boot only time will tell that but right now I am impressed

Gators_Aerator
11-02-2006, 06:44 PM
The jump from work boots? These are work boots - the comfort level is the big difference.

Being on your feet all day walking behind an aerator is tough on your feet the same as any lawn care, but I have noticed less fatigue and my feet are not screaming at the end of the day. Mud does cake up from the plugs on a wet day or morning, but it sheds easily.

I have to say the investment is something unknown was a chance, but I would recommend Lawngrips to anyone. I may being buying a few more for myself and my crew members.

I have only had mine this one season, but they have held up very well.

SLC, LLC
11-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Mine just got delivered today. Was skeptical when I took them out of the box, as they felt a little heqavy. However, once I put them on and started working; I was impressed. I think I will be ordering additional pairs as well if they continue to stay in good shape.

Will get back to everyone on the continued condition as I wear them more.

yardmanlee
11-03-2006, 07:58 AM
had mine for a month now and didnt know if I would be happy w/ them but they are very comfortable so far I am very happy w/ them !!!