PDA

View Full Version : What is a good company to use for

PLS-Tx
10-16-2006, 12:03 PM
accepting credit cards?

We would like to set up our monthly lawn maintenance accounts on some type of autopay system.

We're not sure if cc is the best way to do this. We did a search and it does look like that's what some of you are doing.

We also did a google seach for merchant services, and there are a lot of them.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

grass-scapes
10-16-2006, 07:52 PM
if you use quickbooks, there is only one choice. Use their integrated one. I have customers set up on monthly billing. I have to do the actual button pushing, but it pops up on my qxpress that its due. Keep in mind, you will HAVE to have a signed stub stating they agree to recurring charges, or else you can only charge their card one time.

Digdug
10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
I recently was referred to www.buyerzone.com , i filled in the info and had about 5 companies to deal with. They were really helpful. doug

PLS-Tx
11-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Can anyone else recomend a good company to use for CC's,

PROCUT1
11-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I recommend the same as grass-scapes. We use quickbooks merchant services and integrate it with qxpress

topsites
11-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I dunno, it's the cost that kills the whole idea for me...
No matter how I look at it, as soon as I go to credit cards, that $35 lawn just became $30... Or, close to it.
I already fight over the price, I can't see charging the customer for the convenience, and I'm sure not paying for it.

I guess if you can get most if not all your customers on a credit card system it might be worth it. I thought about it and thought about it, the only way to make it doable is to get it where it saves you a LOT of time. First, it would have to cut down my deposits by a whole lot, if it cuts me down from once / week to once / month, that would be good for starters. Then, it would have to save some additional time, since it's computerized, the figures could be used by a program or two.

Kinda like charging all expenses on a business credit card and then using the end-of-year itemized summary instead of adding up all receipts... First, it saves me time from not having to worry about receipts, then it saves me again come tax time.

And this is where I see the Quickbooks solution working, for those who use it, the point is you need some kind of way to integrate the bs so that it saves you time from doing paperwork + time from making deposits, then it would make up for the cost.

PROCUT1
11-05-2006, 02:53 PM
The most important advice I can give if youre going to use quickbooks for your business is to set it up with the guidance of your accountant.

Most people try to set it up on their own and only use 10% of the program.
If youre only using it for invoicing then thats fine. If youre going to use is as your companys "books" then you need to use all of it.

BCFLawnLandscape
11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
I know someone who sets up CC accounts w/people let me check w/her and see what all the costs and such entail and i'll get back w/you!

PLS-Tx
11-09-2006, 09:12 PM
I know someone who sets up CC accounts w/people let me check w/her and see what all the costs and such entail and i'll get back w/you!

Thanks that would be great

BCFLawnLandscape
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Got info on the CC info. I'd either give her a call or email her. She's a good friend of mine so tell her that Chad Smith sent ya! Also, if you would like I can have her contact you just message me your name and email/phone and i'll have her get w/you. Good Luck.

Michelle Healey

Account Executive
Central Payment Corp.
513-680-4012
mrhealey@fuse.net

www.CentralPaymentCorp.com