PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks Question ???

yardmanlee
10-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I was wondering which quickbooks verision is everyone using that uses quickbooks

contractor verison or quickbooks pro 2007 basic ?
pro's and con's for each

thanks in advance for comments and advice !!!

LB1234
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I use quickbooks pro 2005. I choose it over basic b/c of the extra features over basic. I don't remember the specifics.

I do remember purchasing QB Pro from COSTCO. It saved me a about 100 bucks over the office max/staples office chains. I think it was 299...might have been 399.

Tim Wright
10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I just purchased QB Pro 2007 from Sams Club for $158.00 or something like that.

I went with Pro because I am going to be set up with qCLIP-Classic for most routing, and account tracking, and job costing, and that is what Alan at Clip recommended. He said that the Premiere was to costly for the few additions to Pro, and Contractor was even more so.

Here is what I would do, is get some of the WORD templates from the guys and gals here for Work Order Changes, Estimates, Etc. or use the templates in QBPro, and use the extra money to get Lawn Care/Landscape specific software to help systemize your business. I am getting CLIP because it will job cost for me and I will be able to tell where every dime is being spent, and made. It will show me who is making me money on what jobs, what is costing me money do to time, cost, etc.

With the software in place, I will be able to hire and train an office manager to schedule, route, handle calls, invoice and collect money, etc, while I am out working, or building the business.

Tim

grass-scapes
10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
I currently use QB pro 2005 and qxpress which does everything like routing, tracking expenses and time, etc. I just purchased and am installing today QBpro 2007 (they added some nifty features in 2006 and 2007 versions).
cost on that was 179.00 from compusa plus a 40 dollar gift card. since I shop there often, it was better than sams club to me. My realized cost was 139 plus tax.

gardenkeeper88
10-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Been with QB pro. Started w/ 2001 and upgraded to 2006 last winter PLUS added QXPRESS and love It this year I'm gonna learn even more to do w/ QX.:clapping: :clapping:

6'7 330
10-17-2006, 10:51 PM
We have used Quickbooks since DOS.We are in the process of updating to QB PRO 2007. A big pro is our accountant is fixed with QB.More accountants use QuickBooks, Also, Quickbooks interfaces with many popular Green Industry ,landscaping and maintenance software programs. And everybody, and every bodies brother sells Intuit QB, forms , invoice, statements, tax forms, checks, etc.

Green-Pro
10-17-2006, 11:13 PM
QB Pro 206 here as well. We started with 2005 Basic. Main reason for QB is as Bill noted our accountant is fixed with QB as well. I email him a copy of the backup each quarter for advice on quarterly tax estimates. Very easy, very handy.

Mr.Mow-It-All
10-17-2006, 11:16 PM
contractors edition

Roger
10-18-2006, 09:32 AM
I started using QB Pro 2006 last Spring. It took awhile to set up, but in hindsight I don't know why it took so much time. QB simplified many tasks for me, and, as a whole, I'm pleased.

However, QB does not provide the reports that I want, ones that were available to me in my former system (homegrown software, piecemeal). Apparently, I am using QB is a different way than most, but believe I am doing the best thing for me and my customers. I have started a search for utilities that will enable me to access the QB database so that I can create reports that will be useful for me.

Does anybody know where I can acquire software utilities to get access to the database? What languages are used? Is ALL information available through the utilities? [The primary missing piece of reporting data for the reports is 'service date,' not merely 'invoice date.']