PDA

View Full Version : Buisness Plan Anyone?

Terra Firma
10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm trying to come up with a business plan. I have done some research and I really can't find anything related to Landscaping and or Turf Maintenance. I have found one source on the internet but it cost too much. There has to be plenty of free info out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David:drinkup:

rodfather
10-18-2006, 10:25 PM
pm me your email and I will send you ours

Terra Firma
10-19-2006, 08:57 AM
pm me your email and I will send you ours

Not sure what pm is short for, but that would be great to see a business plan that works for you and centered around landscapeing. I am still new to lawnsite.com so I don't know if it is kosher to post my e-mail address on a thread or if that thing is accepted practice.

Randy J
10-19-2006, 09:32 AM
PM = private message. If you email me, I'll send you the one I made several years ago for a business I was buying. It would need a lot of updating and changes, but it might give you some ideas.

Terra Firma
10-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Apparently I don't have some kind of clearance to send you a pm I don't know how to get the clearance. Anyhow check out our web site thinkterrafirma.com and shoot me an e-mail and I will e-mail you back with my e-mail address. I really looking forward to reviewing that plan.

JHLawns
10-24-2006, 07:35 AM
I also am looking for a business plan - am just starting out. Have a friend who is getting out of the business and will purchase his equip including truck, trailer, etc.

Trying to research all the ins and outs, legalities, etc beforehand. He was a sole prop. with liab ins. Not sure if that is the way to go or not for me.

Anyway any help with a business plan would be appreciated since I will need financing.

Thanks!

Randy J
10-24-2006, 09:06 AM
If you're interested in mine, you'll need to PM me with your email address.

JHLawns
10-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi, I appreciate the offer but I am not able to PM yet. I don't know how else to get the info - any suggestions?
Thanks

Randy J
10-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi, I appreciate the offer but I am not able to PM yet. I don't know how else to get the info - any suggestions?
Thanks

Um, you need to get your email to me somehow. I don't believe we're allowed to post it in the forums though.

JHLawns
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't see a way to get my email to you so, I may just have to wait until I am able to PM you. Prob next week sometime.

AFM Contracting
10-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I too am looking for a business plan template, however I am unable to PM.

Randy J
10-24-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't know how long you have to wait until you have PM priviledges, but with the current rules, we're not allowed to post our email address. I think within a week of joining you'll be able to PM.

jsf343
10-24-2006, 06:30 PM
I think it is after so many posts. Can't remember the exact amount though.

JHLawns
10-24-2006, 07:12 PM
I asked the question and it is 10 days as a member and at least 10 posts. So, now the countdown.

Sam Eye
10-26-2006, 08:21 AM
If you're interested in mine, you'll need to PM me with your email address.

Hey Randy, another newbie in search a business plan. Any chance your offer can be extended into PA?

Rod, is your offer good as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just need to know if I'm on track.

Thanks, Sam

Randy J
10-26-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm happy to extend it to anyone that it might help. It is several years old, outdated, and in bad need of updating. But at least it might help with some ideas on format. I would need your email though.

Terra Firma
10-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Just so eveybody knows I have received a copy of Randy's plan and it is blowing up. It most definitely helps to understand the format, but it also makes you think about other aspects of a business plan that maybe you haven't thought of before. It maybe outdated because of when Randy wrote it but upon further review I would say alot of the info is just as current as any book read about writing a business plan. I would grade it with an "A" for new businesses and/or people who are thinking about purchasing a business. I have done a large amount of researching on business plans and I would say that this plan really starts to put the pieces together and most importantly it is geared to our industry.

So thanks again Randy for sharing your information with me.

Terra Firma
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Randy how did you become a bronze member?

Randy J
10-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Randy how did you become a bronze member?

I think it's based on number of posts (off topic doesn't count).

Thanks for the compliment.

rodfather
10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey Randy, another newbie in search a business plan. Any chance your offer can be extended into PA?

Rod, is your offer good as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just need to know if I'm on track.

Thanks, Sam

pm your email address and i will show you what I do

Classified
10-29-2006, 10:40 PM
I would like a copy of the BP as well but dont have enough posts yet. I am typing this only to show insterest at this point and to up my post count.

I just purchase Business Plan Pro 2007 so I am hoping to get a sample to help me write my first BP.

I will PM you when I get the privelege to

Thanks

JHLawns
11-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks to Randy J & rodfather.

Got your plans, it definitely helps to see a real lawn service business plan. Have already started on mine but have definitely found useful information from both of yours.

Thanks again!