PDA

View Full Version : which blades?

gaither
10-18-2006, 10:50 PM
i recently purchased a XL. I am mainly going to use for leaves ... i know so many said it will fill up too quick. But i think it is going to work great. I have a a section of 20 yards that are 1/3 acre. I ran over them today with regular high lifts and had great results. My question is should i gator blades so they will be mulched up more or stick with the high lifts.

PeterA
10-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Try all gator blades for the extra mulching effect. If you don't get a complete fill, change out the blade right next to the bagger and leave the gators on the other spindes. I usually advise against a gator on the spindle right next to the catcher, but leaves are a lot easier to pack the bag with than grass clippings.

John Gamba
10-20-2006, 07:14 AM
i recently purchased a XL. I am mainly going to use for leaves ... i know so many said it will fill up too quick. But i think it is going to work great. I have a a section of 20 yards that are 1/3 acre. I ran over them today with regular high lifts and had great results. My question is should i gator blades so they will be mulched up more or stick with the high lifts.

Meg-mo's:waving: