PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

olderthandirt
10-19-2006, 06:59 PM
How many like to fish? and what do you like to fish for? Whats your favorite bait that they always bite on? :)

6'7 330
10-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Brown trout with flys. Old fashioned Crappie fishing with minnows and nite-crawlers.

Catfish on trot lines.Sometimes I will rod and reel for Cat's when the river first starts to go on the rise. I have a secret spot on the Kankakee river lol.When I rod & reel for cat, I like to use Catawba worms.

Sandgropher
10-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I like fishing for Tailor (blue fish) off the beaches, just stick the rods in the rod holders and sit back untill they bite while having a beer or two.

When i get my next boat i will be drifting for squid, as i love squid and theres no bones.:)

yardmanlee
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
bass largemouth and smallmouth and then in about 2 months stripers I love using crankbaits when they hit it you'll know it !!!

K.Carothers
10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Largemouth bass is my fish. I love to flip a purple worm with some glitter.

kc

Green-Pro
10-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Any panfish, but especially Crappie, from the boat or through the ice. Minnow tipped jigs for these. Not really big on catfish like I used to be but shadguts work pretty dang good as well as rubber plug with trebel hook, dipped in Sonny's old fashioned sticky stink bait.

TWUllc
10-19-2006, 07:43 PM
ROCKFISH! Chesapeake Bay is the place to be.

stumpjumper
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Bank poles on the North Canadian River. 8/0 Eagle Claw hooks with hand sized sunfish for bait. Biggest flathead this year 32lb. Biggest ever 64lbs.

olderthandirt
10-19-2006, 07:57 PM
liberlbasses I use a little tidbit of bushy for bait, and they take it Hook, line and sinker :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TAZ
10-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Walleye and Perch in the big lake...... smallmouth are fun in the spring and the steelies can keep you from getting cold in the winter in the streams with running water..... where you located OTD?

-TAZ

olderthandirt
10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Walleye and Perch in the big lake...... smallmouth are fun in the spring and the steelies can keep you from getting cold in the winter in the streams with running water..... where you located OTD?

-TAZ
Close enough to fish the rivers for steelies :waving:

dvmcmrhp52
10-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I like to fish for anything that's easy...........:waving:

sildoc
10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Any thing in the Salmonoid species. Rainbows, Brown, Redband, Brook, Coho, King, Pink, Silver, Steelhead and Lake Trout. Mostly Fly fish unless I have to brave the shoulder to shoulder when the salmon and steelhead are running good.

Downeast
10-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I love fishing for the blue fish and striper's .Just watch for the birds to hit and and throw in a stick of dynamite. Scoop em up with a net ,sell off what ya don't want and be back home in time for leave it to beaver.:waving:

geogunn
10-19-2006, 09:32 PM
anything other than a largemouth or smallmouth bass is a trash fish.

both are taken with the "WEE R" series of baits made by REBEL.

GEO :weightlifter:

dvmcmrhp52
10-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Howdy GEO.:waving:

Downeast
10-19-2006, 09:52 PM
anything other than a largemouth or smallmouth bass is a trash fish.

both are taken with the "WEE R" series of baits made by REBEL.

GEO :weightlifter:

Oh man ,take your biggest large mouth and put a hook through its lips and throw it into a blue fish frenzie . :laugh: Just the schoolies will whoop up on em.

I don't like to eat blue fish all that much unless its smoked, but dang can they put up a good fight. Get a three pounder on the line and you think you fighting a giant tuna.

geogunn
10-19-2006, 10:05 PM
DE--we don't fish the frenzie. that is the same as shooting over a baited field. :nono:

DAVE--how are ya doing? super fine I hope!

GEO :waving:

Downeast
10-19-2006, 10:08 PM
DE--we don't fish the frenzie. that is the same as shooting over a baited field. :nono:

Its fun they put up a great fight.:waving:

dvmcmrhp52
10-19-2006, 10:21 PM

Superfine indeeed my friend!

WPLE
10-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Large or small mouth bass, spotted bass, stripe bass. When the shad a running at Pickwick Dam, go throw a saltwater plug from the bank and hang on. Those 7-8 lbs. stripes are so much fun. Only last 45 min. after daybreak but you are ready to go to the house anyway from fighting those fish. I am usually a soft-plastic guy but this time of year I mainly through a rattletrap when the bass are busting shad. I am also a director of a national tournament trail for bass fishing. If any of yall enjoy tournaments, check us out. www.fomntt.com

ECS
10-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Trout on flies. :)

sildoc
10-20-2006, 12:03 AM
It is amazing what is considered game fish from east coast to west North to South. Trout in the north and bass in the south.

Greg Amann
10-20-2006, 07:04 AM
These guys inshore.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/GregA7215/Fishing/P5070016.jpg

And these guys offshore.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/GregA7215/Fishing/Familyetc.jpg

I like fishing for anything in saltwater.

Downeast
10-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Greg is that a Kayak paddle in the first pic ? if so what kayak are you fishing out of ?

One of those dolphin fish in the second pic ?

What part of Fla you at ? I see central, around what towns ? May go down there and look around,Jensen Beach area.

kris
10-20-2006, 07:41 AM
As a kid I fished all the time and am hell bent on continuing it more and more now.
Nothing I have enjoyed more than catching a small mouth bass on an ultralight rod....different part of the country.

Over 60 different kinds of fish in Alberta...maybe 20 of them classified as sport fish .... all kinds of trout Brown Trout,Rainbow Trout,Cutthroat Trout, Brook Trout, Lake Trout, Bull Trout,Golden Trout,Mountain Whitefish, Lake Whitefish, Arctic Grayling
Then you have Walleye,Sauger,Yellow Perch,NorthernPike,Goldeye,Burbot,Lake Sturgeon.

There is something very cool about sharing a river with grizzlies that are after Salmon.

Brendan Smith
10-20-2006, 07:45 AM
i like brook trout on a 3 weight flyrod, catfish on a brush hook or trot line, bream (sunfish) on an ultralight, and pretty much anything off shore. overall, i'd have to say marlin are my favorite. nothing like hearing a penn 80 wide scream as the fish runs!!

Greg Amann
10-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Greg is that a Kayak paddle in the first pic ? if so what kayak are you fishing out of ?

One of those dolphin fish in the second pic ?

What part of Fla you at ? I see central, around what towns ? May go down there and look around,Jensen Beach area.

The kayak is my sons Pelican (sit on top). It's 9 feet and fits nicely ontop of my spray rig. The pic is a redfish I caught in Mosquito Lagoon overlooking where they launch the space shuttles.

Yes, it's a dolphin. Caught it on a charter out of New Smyrna.

I am in Central Florida, thirty miles west of Orlando. Basicly right in the middle of the state. Tomorrow we are going to the west coast to Homosassa to fish for trout. We are 1.5 hours to either coast.

Downeast
10-20-2006, 08:04 AM
The kayak is my sons Pelican (sit on top). It's 9 feet and fits nicely ontop of my spray rig. The pic is a redfish I caught in Mosquito Lagoon overlooking where they launch the space shuttles.

Yes, it's a dolphin. Caught it on a charter out of New Smyrna.

I am in Central Florida, thirty miles west of Orlando. Basicly right in the middle of the state. Tomorrow we are going to the west coast to Homosassa to fish for trout. We are 1.5 hours to either coast.

I am looking at getting one of the Ocean Kayak sit on tops,good for fishing snorkleing,and just lounging. 13' prowler .

The dolphins good eating ?

Rtom45
10-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Erie, PA. Steelhead on a flyrod, there's nothing finer. Fresh chrome in from the lakes have so much power you hook up and hang on! I save up my vacation for the fall, then use it all up. I was out yesterday, landed 5 fish the biggest just over 10lbs. Not to brag, but I put in a lot of time and do better than most guys.

PMLAWN
10-20-2006, 08:57 AM
I like to fish, Any day any prey,
Mostly Bass because I live on the lake here but really love Pike and Muskie up in Canada.

TJLANDS
10-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Freshwater tournament Bass fishing from South Carolina to Canada from March to October then Striper fishing in the Atlantic.
This Picture is on the Hudson in Saugerties

TJLANDS
10-20-2006, 09:29 AM
This is on the Raritan Bay close to Sandy Hook

John Gamba
10-20-2006, 09:56 AM
big mouth bass, lake george new york.

all degree
10-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Nice Striper. Season is starting again now.

I fish tuna in the Hudson Canyon about 100 miles off NJ. We went out last saturday in 8-10ft seas and caught 32 65-90lb fish. Left 8am saturday and got back 10am sunday so it was quite a beating in the seas.

Leaving tomorrow morning and it should be another ass kicker at 5-8ft seas

gilatplc
10-20-2006, 05:04 PM
In freshwater I'm out for Large mouth Bass using spinners

When snook are in season I try to get out there but haven't had much luck

I really would like to try my hand at Tarpon down here BIG GAME!!

noseha
10-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I live in one of the best small mouth bass fishing spots in the the world number 5 maybe with big large mouth bass, pike and muskies

WPLE
10-20-2006, 09:31 PM
noseha, we recently had a regional championship up there somewhere, I didn't go but saw pictures of some NICE smallies. They looked like big ol footballs. There is smallmouth down here but not like up there. Our staff take a trip to some lake in Minnesota (sorry if spld wrong) every summer. Always talk of catching 75-80 a day. Can't remember the name of the lake though.

Stuie..
10-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Not far to go for me to fish A 10 second walk to the water!
View from the loungeroom window:)

parkeeee
10-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Wife and I go for crappie, perch, bluegill and bass. Some of our best times have been spent on the water. She is quite the fisher-woman. Will keep changing bait/strategy until she gets something going, then all I have to do is ask what she's using.

J&R Landscaping
10-22-2006, 12:25 AM
I enjoy fishing for pretty much anything. Freshwater or saltwater. I usually go on 3 or 4 deep sea fishing trips a year. The picture on my myspace page is from a trip over this past memorial day. 2 striped bass. 1 of them took boat pool but I forget which 1.
http://www.myspace.com/98073412

rodfather
10-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Only thing I ever caught on a fishing trip was a buzz :laugh:

Mr. Vern
10-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I like to fish in the rivers for Salmon, Striper and Sturgeon when they are in season. Haven't had much opportunity over the last couple years.
Fishermen are odd fellows you know. When they're on the shore they are trying to cast as far from the shore as possible, when they get in a boat they try to cast as close to the shore as they can get. Sort that one out.LOL

geogunn
10-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Fishermen are odd fellows you know. When they're on the shore they are trying to cast as far from the shore as possible, when they get in a boat they try to cast as close to the shore as they can get. Sort that one out.LOL

Mr. Vern...it is called the STRIKE ZONE.......

GEO :laugh: :waving:

DodgeTruckMan731
10-22-2006, 10:45 PM
fishing is like my life i love to fish for bass for the fight and then perch cause they taste good.

Up North
10-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Nothing better then sitting in a shack on 2' of ice in January, listening to the hockey game on the radio, drinking a cold brew, and jigging for walleye or crappie.

Buck

Up North
10-23-2006, 01:17 AM
My oldest boy patiently waiting...:clapping:

Buck

Sandgropher
10-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Now thats some thing completey different to what i am use to, i wait for the warm weather and you wait for the cold :)

Up North
10-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Now thats some thing completey different to what i am use to, i wait for the warm weather and you wait for the cold :)

Yeah, can't wait. The pic with my truck and shack is on a huge lake north of us. I was out about 4 miles onto the lake that day and the ice was about 3.5feet thick. That dark line in the background...that's a line of fish houses out at about 5 miles. Most people would think that's the shoreline but the shoreline to that direction is probably 15 miles away or better. Probably 10,000 houses out on the lake during the winter, and about 20 to 30,000 people during the weekends, gets crazy. Best to stay away from the crowds if you want to catch fish...if you want to party...set up in the crowd.

Buck

Sandgropher
10-23-2006, 01:40 AM
So when you go fishing the most important thing is your chain saw or a big post hole driller??

Up North
10-23-2006, 11:18 AM
So when you go fishing the most important thing is your chain saw or a big post hole driller??

Depends. If angling I bring the ice auger to drill holes, if spearing I bring the chainsaw so I can cut a 2 ft. by 3 ft. opening.

Buck

olderthandirt
10-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Depends. If angling I bring the ice auger to drill holes, if spearing I bring the chainsaw so I can cut a 2 ft. by 3 ft. opening.

Buck

I just bring a $50 and use the nearest Red Lobster :laugh: :waving:

Up North
10-23-2006, 11:53 AM
I just bring a $50 and use the nearest Red Lobster :laugh: :waving:

I'd probably save a lot of $$ by doing that myself...:)

Buck

Pro-Scapes
10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
been out hittin a few rat reds and lots of trout. Mixed in with some sheep heads and black drums. Few specks but nothing huge yet.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=160040&page=2 here too is some off shore pics

Anything that fights is fair game to me. Just the sport and art of fishing is so addicting to me lol.

attached is a nice red snapper taken on a large chunk of runner or ballyhoo

Been a bit slow latley and a bit rough out so been staying inshore or near shore.