PDA

View Full Version : Super Z relays....when will there be a fix?

Shady Brook
10-19-2006, 09:38 PM
I have had my new Super Z in for relay problem several times. They have been examined and found to be the updated Boshe, and they were hanging properly. The problem continues. A relay was replaced only to have the problem happen again in a few days. I have had all the relays replaced, and the next heavy rain the problem happens again. The starter just keeps engageing while mowing. I am tired of it, and want a real fix!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
10-24-2006, 11:45 AM
I have had similar problems out of my 2760. Just carry some extra relays in your tool box(your dealer will probably give them to you free of charge). Mark the relays as they go out...ie, pto relay, starter relay, etc. This is the best thing you can do until the problem is fixed. Also, if you happen to get stuck in some rain, cover the instrument panel with a well-fitting trash bag.

lawncare4u
10-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I have had my new Super Z in for relay problem several times. They have been examined and found to be the updated Boshe, and they were hanging properly. The problem continues. A relay was replaced only to have the problem happen again in a few days. I have had all the relays replaced, and the next heavy rain the problem happens again. The starter just keeps engageing while mowing. I am tired of it, and want a real fix!

I had a problem with my 04 Super Z,and the dealer ran a seperate wire for key switch and pto switsh (they were orginally on one wire for both switches),been a year,so far no more problems!

tensefan
11-06-2006, 07:57 AM
in the last 3 months i've had 16 relays replaced on my super z ,this machine only has about 400 hours on it the last relays went out when the mower was not being used since i've had it i've replaced the clutch, two switches about 6 pigtails going to the clutch and these relays i'm starting to wonder about hustler never had any problems out of my dane and it had over 3000 hrs on it, At this rate i'll have to get rid of it before the warrenty runs out or get a second job to buy parts:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mowerconsultant
11-06-2006, 10:54 AM
in the last 3 months i've had 16 relays replaced on my super z ,this machine only has about 400 hours on it the last relays went out when the mower was not being used since i've had it i've replaced the clutch, two switches about 6 pigtails going to the clutch and these relays i'm starting to wonder about hustler never had any problems out of my dane and it had over 3000 hrs on it, At this rate i'll have to get rid of it before the warrenty runs out or get a second job to buy parts:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please e-mail me.

Pj

tensefan
11-09-2006, 02:34 PM
:clapping: just wanted to say thanks for the help took only 3 days to go from posting and bit&^ing to having it in the shop for new wiring harness. Hustler has really showed me that they care about there customers.:clapping:

Shady Brook
11-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I continue to have problems with this machine. It does not seem to matter if it is wet now, the starter will just start engageing while mowing. I have to disconnect the wireing and jump the starter to get through the day. I am sick of clowning around with this, surely there must be relays that are sealed or something that will aleviate this. My dealer has no answers after much badgering! Please find out a fix for this!

Shady Brook
12-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I have a mower sitting outside now that will need to be draged onto the trailer to be hauled to the dealer again. Once it is started it may function properly...starting when you turn the key and everything! I assume it has to do the relays as usual. I don't want this to continue at the start of spring. I need this fixed by then, or the machine goes on the sales block. Thankfully I have a resourceful mechanic as a crew leader, or the machine would have had to be hauled in about one day of the week for repairs due to relays. I will let the dealer look it over but they have done all they can. They will likely replace the relays with the exact same things, which I know will not solve the problem. They will address why my muffler glows bright red. Maybe this has something to do with the bad head gasket. I am begining to think I got a dud. I need help, or my dealer needs help. I need it fixed!

mowerconsultant
12-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Jay,
I just e-mailed our regional service manager for you.

Pj

Shady Brook
12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks PJ

I know it is not your fault, I am just frustrated and my dealer has not been able to find the answer.

gene gls
12-06-2006, 08:31 PM

I under stand your pain...

Shady Brook
12-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Gene have you had any relay problems? I know you have had some other trouble, but do not remember you speaking about relays.

gene gls
12-11-2006, 08:17 AM
Gene have you had any relay problems? I know you have had some other trouble, but do not remember you speaking about relays.

Yes, I had a "go around" with relays. I spent a bounch of time trying to switch out a bad relay. I gave up and had them all replaced. The starter relay also gave me several weeks of greif. Finialy, it was at the dealers for a new clutch and wouldn't start. They traced it to the starter relay. Its one thing after another every week.

sweetz
06-13-2008, 10:09 AM
After reading this, this all sounds too familiar. I have a mini-z 36" though. Some times it won't start, sometimes the PTO switch won't work. It's in the shop right now. It's only got 56.3 hours on it.