PDA

View Full Version : Best Decision

mslawn
10-19-2006, 11:08 PM
It has been 3 weeks using the Jobclock System to track my employees time and I love it. At the end of the week I take my palm around to each truck, hold it in front of each jobclock and WALLA, their hours pop up instantly. I am going to start tracking travel times and times on each job, these first three weeks everybody has been getting used to scanning in and out and lunching in and out.

Vikings
10-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I had to use google to find out what you meant but could you explain how you actually impliment it?
I mean are you using just for when they start work and when they finish (If so I don't see why you would need it) or, to time out each job, or lunch...
Another thing is there any GPS ability with this tech?

mslawn
10-19-2006, 11:46 PM
It can be used for several different things, to track travel time, time on each lawn, trimming, planting.. You can look over your time records and if there is a travel time or job time out of line then its time to find out why. It does not work off of gps. With three different trucks each truck has jobclock in it, they all work together, I get accurate in / out times , accurate lunch times, travel and various job times when needed. The extra hours I have paid out( which would be overtime), because of timesheets, I should have done this years ago. Think about it, 15-20 minutes a day on a couple of people, especially when it is overtime, adds up very quick. I wanted something that is accurate to the second

BSDeality
10-20-2006, 12:01 AM
How much did that set you back for the system? can you buy just one clock?

mslawn
10-20-2006, 12:09 AM
How much did that set you back for the system? can you buy just one clock?
The system I bought was about 1800.00.It has three clocks, Timesummit software, tungsten e2 palm, and all the other items you need to get it setup. I had recieved a fax for one free jobclock so that saved 395.00. You can buy just one and then add more jobclocks if you need them. I have been looking into this for a while, I wish I had purchased it sooner. I am looking forward to determining which locations I am not grossing enough labor $$ on.

BSDeality
10-20-2006, 12:12 AM
do they sell the system in pieces? or is it a package? I have a palm already and would only need 1 JC to start.

mslawn
10-20-2006, 12:15 AM
do they sell the system in pieces? or is it a package? I have a palm already and would only need 1 JC to start.
You buy only what pieces you need, you would just need the jobclock and timesummit software.

dvmcmrhp52
10-20-2006, 12:38 AM
It can be used for several different things, to track travel time, time on each lawn, trimming, planting.. You can look over your time records and if there is a travel time or job time out of line then its time to find out why. It does not work off of gps. With three different trucks each truck has jobclock in it, they all work together, I get accurate in / out times , accurate lunch times, travel and various job times when needed. The extra hours I have paid out( which would be overtime), because of timesheets, I should have done this years ago. Think about it, 15-20 minutes a day on a couple of people, especially when it is overtime, adds up very quick. I wanted something that is accurate to the second

Don't mean to be rude but how do you know you're getting accurate times?

Any such system can be worked around.

Vikings
10-20-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm wondering about how the log in and out when the crew is a work. I seen it on google and it looked like you had to pass a chip over a scanner, so would the crew leader do this at the start of each job or does it auto sense when they leave the truck?

mslawn
10-20-2006, 01:21 AM
The actual times will be accurate, however the employee scan may not be.

mslawn
10-20-2006, 01:26 AM
I am learning that with a system in place you can find who is milking the clock, and who is not productive. It might can be worked around a little bit, but there will have to be accountability for excess times where there should not be. . If you overpay each person just 15 min a day with 4 people, on an overtime rate of say 20.00, you are looking at approx 400.00 month savings, and 15 min is probably very conservative figure with handwritten timesheets.

mslawn
10-20-2006, 01:28 AM
I'm wondering about how the log in and out when the crew is a work. I seen it on google and it looked like you had to pass a chip over a scanner, so would the crew leader do this at the start of each job or does it auto sense when they leave the truck?

They do have to scan at start and finish of each job.

Waterscapes By Design
10-20-2006, 11:00 PM
I dunno, that seems like it could still be milked by employees, especially if there are friends on the same truck, one is hungover, or just HAS to go do something and they give the friend the swipe...

mslawn
10-20-2006, 11:17 PM
I dunno, that seems like it could still be milked by employees, especially if there are friends on the same truck, one is hungover, or just HAS to go do something and they give the friend the swipe...Nothing is 100%, there will always be somebody to try to work around it. But with actual times from the jobclocks, they will have to account for what I deem "excessive time". For my application it is working out great , for someone elses it may not. Everything has its pro's and con's. For just ease of time records - clocking in and out and lunch breaks - it is great and there is no rounding up numbers to stretch the day a little longer like on the handwritten timesheets.

Vikings
10-21-2006, 12:51 AM
I thought the best way was a GPS that you can track though I haven't used one yet. Maybe tihs winter.

You can see if they spend 50 min. for lunch or twice the time at a driveway, ofcourse you also have to be very familiar with the work I suppose. Also if a expensive piece of equipment goes missing and its chipped..

Hank Reardon
12-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Any new feedback on the Jobclock?

hoyboy
12-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I thought the idea was to leave the jobclock at the jobsite (not in the truck) so they would have to "clock in" and "clock out" at the job. I could see this being very beneficial for larger T&M jobs.

gene gls
12-07-2006, 11:06 PM

Thats my thoughts. I know my guys have "fuged" times in the past because I have customers that have seen them in places they shouldn't be at the time they were seen. Such as, parked in the shade along the road.