PDA

View Full Version : flyer in invoice???

smarino21
10-20-2006, 12:00 AM
thinking of getting flyers made size of an envelope and having all of my services on there and putting it with every bill. A nice 4 color one but not real thick. Good or bad ,, input please?

BAREBACK
10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
I THOUGHT OF DOING THAT MYSELF:gunsfirin :gunsfirin :walking:

abuckeye
10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Personally I hate opening bills that have a bunch of crap in with the bill. I just want the bill and the return envelope. JMO

lawnspecialties
10-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Personally I hate opening bills that have a bunch of crap in with the bill. I just want the bill and the return envelope. JMO

You give your customers return envelopes? Wow.

Actually, I have done this from time to time. It has got me some business since some customers "didn't know you did that". Just don't overdo it.:)

smarino21
10-21-2006, 08:17 PM
I see how some big companies do it and they are always pounding you with something new all the time (nextel) so i figure why not try

DSLND
10-22-2006, 11:34 AM
I sent a flyer with september invoices and have gotten 2 responses so far but theres still a couple weeks until leaves are all fallen and i also put a business card ad in the local paper and its working good so far. Heres the flyer i sent out.

1MajorTom
10-22-2006, 12:24 PM
thinking of getting flyers made size of an envelope and having all of my services on there and putting it with every bill. A nice 4 color one but not real thick. Good or bad ,, input please?
I think the best way to sell to EXISTING clients is to talk to them in person.
(remember you are not a big corporation trying to reach a million customers, you may only have 50 customers at this point.) It's easier to talk to them in person, we have sold dozens and dozens of extra work this way.

PROCUT1
10-22-2006, 12:30 PM
I agree with Jodi. Also I think the flyers are a great idea. We used to do that all the time. You're already spendingthe postage to send your bills out. Why not use it as another opportunity to get your services in front of your customers. Anything to get them to stop and think for a minute is worth it.

When we were full scale in the lawn business, we also have a separate company that does sealcoating. I cant tell you how many times one of our lawn customers would get sealcoated by someone else because " they didnt know we did it".

How many times do you hear people on this board complain that one of there customers hired another contractor to do a job or service that they perform and the customer never called them.

Its suprising how many people think the lawn guy "just cuts grass" and it dosent cross their mind to call them for other services.

Gene $immons
10-22-2006, 12:34 PM
I have had lots of success with a "checklist" that I send to my customers. I list many services on a flyer type ad, and put a checkmark next to the services that that particular customer's yard could use, along with a price for the work. This gives your ad a personal touch, and you can customize it differently for each lawn.

Just don't forget to write down what you quote your customer.

Woody82986
10-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I always have a business card handy to put in the envelope. I also supply a return envelope with my information already on it. I have found that I get my money quite a bit faster when I have the return envelope for them. I guess if I supplied the stamp as well, I would get my money even faster but I'm not willing to go that far! In the past I have gotten quite a few referrals from the one card I sent in the invoice. It seems that people ask my clients who they can call and they end up with that extra business card I sent.

HOOLIE
10-23-2006, 12:36 AM
I think the best way to sell to EXISTING clients is to talk to them in person.
(remember you are not a big corporation trying to reach a million customers, you may only have 50 customers at this point.) It's easier to talk to them in person, we have sold dozens and dozens of extra work this way.

This is good too, but I get the impression a lot of your customers are elderly from what you say, so more likely to be home...I wouldn't have nearly as much luck face-to-face and trying to get people to return phone calls is like pulling teeth. The flyer idea is a nice option.