PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded fall clean up

nobagger
10-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Well starting the dreaded fall clean ups this weekend and the weather couldn't be any worse! Wet, wet, wet! that means clogged vacs, hard blowing leaves etc. I hate fall clean ups to begin with but working in 45-55 degree raining weather really bits!

turfsolutions
10-20-2006, 01:15 PM
I love fall cleanups. Call me crazy. Profitable as snow, and more reliable as the leaves always fall.

Dano50
10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Don't forget to use Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com)to keep your clogs to a minimum.

NNJLandman
10-20-2006, 01:58 PM
I hate leaves, everything takes twice as long...especially cutting...gotta blow everything off before and after, stop unload the catcher....ugh I hate it to no end. I dont mind the houses where I can just drag the leaves into the woods or something but vacuuming them really blows...ha

Jeff

mmacsek
10-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Don't forget to use Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com)to keep your clogs to a minimum.
I requested a free trial of Fluid Film and never received it. How long does it normally take or is the offer no longer in tact? Matt

Dano50
10-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I requested a free trial of Fluid Film and never received it. How long does it normally take or is the offer no longer in tact? Matt

Matt, it shouldn't take longer than a week to reach you. If you didn't receive it, just PM me your info and I'll get another one out right away.

Thanks for being patient.

Idealtim
10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
I like the fall also, get to use some other equipment besides the same mower that you've used all summer. Now don't get me wrong, wet leaves suck and if you don't have your setup working properly, it will be a royal pain to deal with. However, I find it gratifying to see my progress, the same as plowing. I have my leaf process down to a science for homes up to 1 1/2 acres, if thats an indication of why I like the fall cleanup. Everything normly runs smoothly and I make some good money by the end of the day.

nobagger
10-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I am just tired of mowing in general at this point of the season! We've only taken 3 weekends off so we have been busier then ever. I just bought a new F250 XLT and just had a 8'6" Fisher Extreme V SS Blade put on yesterday so its going to seem like its taking forever for the snow to fly,lol.

noseha
10-20-2006, 05:28 PM
i've done three for now, need more leaves to fall