PDA

View Full Version : NE LCO's still mowing every week?

mkwl
10-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Well, the leaves are really starting to fall now (especially after the wind today), I'm debating wether or not I should continue mowing and blowing every week, or start with blowing every week and mowing and blowing every other week. The lawns aren't really growing much (maybe 1-1 1/2") each week, I'm thinking they don't really need to be mown every week anymore. What are you guys doing?

Thanks,
Matt

rodfather
10-20-2006, 03:51 PM
One more full week of mowing (with Gators as well) and then just cleanups.

SimonCX
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, the leaves are really starting to fall now (especially after the wind today), I'm debating wether or not I should continue mowing and blowing every week, or start with blowing every week and mowing and blowing every other week. The lawns aren't really growing much (maybe 1-1 1/2") each week, I'm thinking they don't really need to be mown every week anymore. What are you guys doing?

Thanks,
Matt

I only mowing maybe 30% weekly, most are every 2 weeks now. It really isn't growing anymore. With the temps going in the 30's at night all next week it will really stop the growth, some properties that were cut last week look like they were cut today. I started doing leaves last week that had alot, next week I'll probably shift more towards leaves, because todays 40mph winds are making a mess. I'm guessing maybe 1-3 more of cuts for most people, it seems like the last 2 weeks it really slowed down.

MysticLandscape
10-20-2006, 05:15 PM
I am done mowing, gunna start clean ups in another week once they are all down.

rodfather
10-20-2006, 05:17 PM
I am done mowing, gunna start clean ups in another week once they are all down.

You're gonna wish you hadn't waited till they were all down...we do them in stages.

MysticLandscape
10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Its not that bad, I have been picking up a majority of them on the lawns, we just gutta go around and clean out the bushes and edges of the properties. Did it the same way last week and it worked out good.

noseha
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
You're gonna wish you hadn't waited till they were all down...we do them in stages.

I do them the same way. My first round went well.

rodfather
10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
I find myself educating new customers every year when they say, "I'll let ya know when they have all dropped and are down". My response? "Don't bother, you've waited way too long and you won't like the extra cost it is now going to be".

LawnMower
10-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Im still mowing full bore. But the grass seems to be slowing down. I usually start pulling back in the first 2 weeks of November. Then its leaf clean starting in December.

Jpocket
10-20-2006, 05:51 PM
we are mowing about 80% of the routes weekly still, after next week it will be every other/as needed. we'll start full bore with the leaves in November.

noseha
10-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I find myself educating new customers every year when they say, "I'll let ya know when they have all dropped and are down". My response? "Don't bother, you've waited way too long and you won't like the extra cost it is now going to be".

ya, something here. you should have called two month ago to get on my list, do you need to be on my list for next year or on my spring clean up list. my cust. are first with 15-18 spots open if long dry fall this year short and wet i'm hoping for 20 full days my dump is 1ft. under water for now.

MysticLandscape
10-20-2006, 06:14 PM

Well the people around here don't mind paying. Never had a complaint about how I do it. When we get there the lawns are bare so we blow the leaves out suck em up and load em in the truck. Most houses are 1-2 hrs and my average is like $250 a house. If you have a better plan I am open to suggestions I am still learning.

mkwl
10-20-2006, 06:19 PM
So, do most of you guys do weekly blowing, or wait until the end of the season? Do you think it looks "unprofessional" to just blow the lawn without mowing (if it really doesn't need to be mowed yet)?

J&R Landscaping
10-20-2006, 07:16 PM
I've moeved from weekly to 10 days to 2 weeks. The growth has definitly slowed down.

metro36
10-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I am doing every other week now on all of my accounts.

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
10-20-2006, 10:11 PM
We have been cutting all our lawns every week..I can see next week being a lot different. In past years we have had no problem cutting all the way through October and 2x in November, but I think this week is our final full schedule. Hopefully we can get 2 more cuts out of the season and start clean ups before Thanksgiving..

dfor
10-21-2006, 08:01 AM
I continued to cut about 75% of my lawns last week. About 25% will stay on a weekly clean-up, (cutting every other week). All the others will probably go to bi-weekly clean-ups.

mole
10-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Here in buffalo we need boats it has not stopped raining for at least 2 weeks further more we just had 22.5 inches of snow, one more thing we have no trees left they all came down in the storm. were waiting on the president to see if he declares us a national disaster. fema has been out in the copters all over the place feels like Baghdad with all the helicopters. take a look at plowsite for the buffalo storm pic's

corey1977
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
wraping up mowing this week and working on leaves been mowing every week here in maine

mkwl
10-21-2006, 10:22 PM
I continued to cut about 75% of my lawns last week. About 25% will stay on a weekly clean-up, (cutting every other week). All the others will probably go to bi-weekly clean-ups.

So, you do the same thing I do, mow every other week, and blow the leaves off the lawn every week?