PDA

View Full Version : How big of a blower do I need?

Woodland
10-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm looking to purchase a used blower for next season. I figure there will be a flush of them with the season ending. Realistically, how big/powerful of a blower do I need for cleaning up grass clippings. I'm only looking to replace the broom! I don't need one for blowing leaves in the fall, just use on the mowing route.

Woodland
10-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Seriously, no replies? Guess I'm on my own.

Jaeger
10-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Do you want a backpack or a handheld?

Backpack recommendations would be Echo since you do want to use commercially. If so, then Redmax, Tanaka or Shindaiwa come to mind.
Handheld units, Tanaka THB2510 is a clear winner. Very light, powerful and well built. Stay away from box store brands (Poulan, Weedeater, Sears, Troybilt, Ryobi, etc) if you can. They are JUNK and not worth the box they come in.
Erich

Woodland
10-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Do you want a backpack or a handheld?

I presume a handheld. Like I said, I'm only really interested in cleaning off sidewalks/driveways after mowing so I assume I wouldn't need the power that comes with a backpack unit.

Stay away from box store brands (Poulan, Weedeater, Sears, Troybilt, Ryobi, etc) if you can. They are JUNK and not worth the box they come in.

That goes without saying. I always buy quality machines. I just don't want to buy more machine than I need.

noseha
10-28-2006, 02:27 PM
stihl...............

tims lawncare
10-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Heres what you need to do find a used echo pb-260. it is echos entry level backpack blower. I have used one for 4 years now. I am not kidding i beat the crap out of this thing and it still runs flawless. If you were to see it you would have to say there is no way that thing runs but it does and blows just fine. i also own a stihl handheld. Do not buy a hand held they are a pain in the but. Your hand and arm will get tired which will cause you to switch hands, When using in the right hand the fan that sucks in the air will try to suck in your pants when you hold it to close to your body. Its a pain. You should be able to find a used pb 260 for around $100.00 buck. That is the best little blower on the market bar none and thats a fact.

MSchumacher
11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
You can probably get away with an Echo PB230LN or PB200 (handhelds). Your not going to be blowing when its wet are you?