PDA

View Full Version : bulk sealer

hudsonvalleyexteriors
10-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Does any one know where one can purchase bulk sealer in the Southern NY area?

cruella
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Don't know how close this is to you but you might want to check them out:)

Star Seal Of New York, Inc.
8419 East Avenue
P.O. Box 376
Gasport, NY 14067
Phone: (716) 772-2644
Fax: (716) 772-2648

Star Seal Of New York, Inc.
Lovejoy Distribution Center
876 East Lovejoy
Buffalo, NY 14206
Phone: (716) 597-0450

hudsonvalleyexteriors
10-26-2006, 08:12 PM
thats like 350 miles away

juddburdon
01-18-2007, 07:29 AM
I just came across this post. Sorry for the delay.

Feel free to check out http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/asphalt-product.html for bulk sealer shipped to your door step. This will save you on travel time and it will also allow you to have sealer at hand during the weekends when seal coat plants are closed. You become in control of your product. Hope this helps!

All the best,

wbarick
01-22-2007, 02:58 AM
I just came across this post. Sorry for the delay.

Feel free to check out http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/asphalt-product.html for bulk sealer shipped to your door step. This will save you on travel time and it will also allow you to have sealer at hand during the weekends when seal coat plants are closed. You become in control of your product. Hope this helps!

All the best,

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole:walking:

juddburdon
01-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Sorry you feel that way.

Just responding to someone looking for sealcoat products shipped to ther door. The proof is in the pudding :)

All the best,

PROCUT1
02-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow

The revolutionary $119.00 Line Striper can be compared to $3,000.00 motorized/gas line striping systems.

The AsphaltKingdom's Line Striper uses 20 oz. aerosol cans of quick drying, long lasting durable paint. A case of 12 cans will stripe about a 120 car parking lot, mess-free, no clean up needed after striping and it can all be done in a couple hours.

wbarick
02-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow

The revolutionary $119.00 Line Striper can be compared to $3,000.00 motorized/gas line striping systems.

The AsphaltKingdom's Line Striper uses 20 oz. aerosol cans of quick drying, long lasting durable paint. A case of 12 cans will stripe about a 120 car parking lot, mess-free, no clean up needed after striping and it can all be done in a couple hours.

wow, I am such an idiot for purchasing a $3000 line striper.:cry:

juddburdon
02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Hello,

The asphalt line striper (http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/asphalt-striping.html) you guys mention does work great for small jobs (restaurants, motels, schools, small parking lots).

It does not occupy much space at all and is a very compact unit. Great for touching up new striping jobs or old faded lines too. You don't need gas or experience to operate it. You can go out as a complete newbie and paint straight lines that will last and look great.

A gas powered line striper is definitely the way to go for large commercial lots but for someone looking to stripe the odd parking lot -- this line striper works great AND the price is too.

All the best and looking forward to starting a great Spring! :waving:

shepoutside
02-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Then why do you, in your ad say "The revolutionary $119.00 Line Striper can be compared to $3,000.00 motorized/gas line striping systems." :laugh:

juddburdon
02-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Great question :)

As I state clearly in my last post...

"It does not occupy much space at all and is a very compact unit. Great for touching up new striping jobs or old faded lines too. You don't need gas or experience to operate it. You can go out as a complete newbie and paint straight lines that will last and look great.

A gas powered line striper is definitely the way to go for large commercial lots but for someone looking to stripe the odd parking lot -- this line striper works great AND the price is too.

All the best and looking forward to starting a great Spring!"

PROCUT1
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Just stop with the bull Judd.

Some of the things on your site are legit and dont seem like a scam

But others are wayyyy out there.

Your reputation is all over the internet.

How about instead of selling your "get rich quick" overpriced resold junk, maybe you spend some time on these boards and contribute some real professional knowlege.

Maybe make yourself known and give some true advice instead of trying to breed a bunch of weekend warriors to come out here without a clue and ruin this market like the lawn market already has.

If you spent some time on these message boards and got yourself known as an expert in the field, I would bet traffic to your website would jump like crazy.

Then put some real equipment on your site at a reasonable price and people would be inclined to buy from you.

I believe that you probably know the business and what youre doing but its unfair putting these ideas in guys heads.

Dont tell me you can get one of those 4 wheel can things from home depot and its going to stripe like a Graco.

How are one of these new contractors gonna feel when they get laughed off their first striping job and have you to thank for it?

How are they gonna feel when they go to starseals website to see that they paid you three times the amount for a tote and pump that they could have bought direct from them....Dont say theyre not the same....You even use the same pics with starseals name covered up.

Maybe you have a good business going and are making a nice living, I dont know. What I would do if I were you, is start making real posts on these boards and share your knowledge....I think you will be much more successful and generate tons of repeat business for yourself....Cause I guarentee that once people buy now, if they ever spend any time on the internet, they dont come back.

juddburdon
02-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Hello,

Not sure what your name is but I want to thank you very much for your post.

If you take the time and read through the site you will learn that we don't just sell equipment but provide the one on one personal guidance and support that people starting out in the business need.

We don't sell $10,000 dollar equipment and leave people hanging.

Now, IF we were just selling the equipment -- then yes the prices would be much lower then what they are. But, again the advice and consultation that we provide our clients with is well worth the investment. Every one of our clients are treated fairly and get unlimited advice from us. You have no idea about the number of clients that thank us everyday for this.

Bottom line -- we don't just sell equipment -- WE HELP PEOPLE SUCCEED!

Our equipment allows someone to effectively spray sealer and collect money from their clients. Their clients happily hand them the money and thank them for the job - so how can you jump in and say that this has a negative impact on our market. I have a feeling that you are competition out looking to bash another company that helps sealcoaters succeed.

Perhaps you can visit the site and give us a call and give us some advice in person. Feel free to ask for me. I would be glad to chat more about what we do and how we ultimately help people succeed in this business rather then sell them rigs that are $10,000 to $20,000 which they don't have.

We had a person call us last week who really wanted to stay in the sealcoating business but could not afford his $18,000 sealer system loan that he bought from another company last year. He was telling us how much he wished that he could of invested into one of our $3000 systems with unlimited advice instead of being in debt with interest slamming him each month.

All the best to you and again thanks for your post. We help people succeed sir -- not fail!

PROCUT1
02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
First you missed the meaning of my post...I couldent care less about legit competition. What I face everyday on commerical properties are guys that go out there and spray garbage. They go out there selling oilbased or latex with no sand or additives and spray lines with their home depot spray can wheels.

That does a great disservice to the industry to think that this is like lawnmowing. Buy a mower, cut some grass and collect your money.

Those hacks are good and bad for my business..Theyre good because an educated customer will realize they got a crap job and will next time go with a legit company. Especially after a slip and fall suit by spraying without sand.

The bad part is that for many customers it turns them off to sealcoating all together. Tons of people view all sealcoating as a scam because theyre used to the door knockers coming every year with their 275 oil tanks hidden in their trucks offering an onspot service thats gone almost quicker than the check clears.

My problem with you is the approach you take. The get rich quick with no investment approach. You should be on a late night informercial.

If your stuff is bare bones beginner stuff - sell it as that....Dont try and mislead people that it is the same as my sealrite or able units. Dont tell them that it will mix sand when it wont...( I started myself with the $900 starseal machine)

Your spray can wheels are NOT equivilant to a real machine...Not even close
Tell people that.....Say if they want to try their way painting lines, that this would be a way to practice.....But what kind of service are you providing to your customers to think theyre going to get the same results.

Do you think their customers have never had their lots striped? What happens when your guy is out their with an upside down can of spray paint and the owner looks out the window? He already knows what a real striping company provides....DO you think your guy will get paid for his 2 inch crooked lines?

The tote tank system does work...That I will say....But it WILL NOT MIX SAND....Once the sand settles out it will not mix it back up...Thats why you need the mechanical agitation as well....The big systems have both types of agitation for that reason. So why not say that.....Or you just prefer a pissed customer with a pile of sand in the bottom of his tote that wont move?

Now your business in a box comes with your "market package" with the unlimited consultation and such. So thats why you take the $900 starseal machine and mark it up to $2000.

My question is----One another part of your website you sell the "market package" for $100.......

Why is it $100 by itself but $1100 if bought with the machine?

So would people be better off buying the machine from starseal for $900 or making their own for about $700 and buying your package for $100.

Seems that would make more sense.

Thats like saying we'll mow the lawn for $25 and trim the bushes for $50 but if you want us to do both it'll be $600.

Not everything I see on your site it that terrible....Other than your 30gallon melter everything else we could just say that your high priced but not quite to the point of gouging.

Your sealer is high, but for the guys that cant get it locally, i can see paying for the convienience of getting it to your door.

Judd

Im sure you have good ideas with what youre trying to do here and maybe you just need to rethink some aspects. If you truely can offer the startup knowlege and equipment, do it in good faith and you will have tons of repeat business. I just see that people who may buy one time from you, will realize that they didnt receive the expected value and will never be back.

juddburdon
02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Absolutely fantastic advice and I appreciate every minute you spent typing this post out.

I understand that the sealrite systems are superb except many people can't afford a $18,000 system. Helping students and motivated people who may be unemployed or looking to add another vertical within their present business is certainly not a bad thing even if they can't afford the big fancy units YET.

Our customers are happy and come back weekly to us because of the support and service we provide to them on an ongoing basis. We teach our clients how to build successful businesses that generate residual income. We also drive leads to our customers as the site generates a significant amount of traffic that are looking to have their driveway or parkinglot sealcoated. We work hand in hand with our clients to make sure they are happy and that their clients are too.

Again, thanks for the advice and I appreciate all the time you have spent on this.

Have a great weekend! :waving:

P.S. Must be cold in NY right now :)

PROCUT1
02-09-2007, 04:16 PM
There you go Judd

I have to say that youre really starting to make sense here.

Again, I think you probably know your business well and its unfortunate that you have the reputation that you do.

These message boards are a great asset to many people and I think you probably have plenty of useful information that you could contribute.

I think you should go over your website and change some of the inconsistencies that are on there....Such as the market package and tote machine. These are areas that are going to get people to question your integrity.

I think you have a great idea but its going to take some work to really be taken seriously and be respected out here..

If youre not being sarcastic and truly want to throw some ideas around and swap some advice, I will gladly call you and I will not make another peep on these boards until we talk..

Sound fair?

juddburdon
02-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Again, thanks for your advice and would enjoy speaking with you.

We really are looking to help the sealcoating industry and if you take a look at the www.asphaltkingdom.com site you will see some changes that have been taking place over here for the last few weeks.

As you may know we now have one of the most trafficked asphalt maintenance sites on the Internet and top ranked for over 7200 keywords related to the asphalt industry.

We have a few goals in mind and would love to discuss them with you.

One of our most important projects in 2007 is to To help credible sealcoating contractors get more leads and sales in their local area. Leads are visiting the www.asphaltkingdom.com site and inquiring everyday about local asphalt sealcoating companies. So we are looking to build out a free directory during the summer of 2007.

Give me a call :)

All the best,

wbarick
02-12-2007, 11:02 PM
I feel bad for the guys that fall for this crap

juddburdon
02-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes, as you can see they have a lot of bad things to say about us at http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/sealcoating-testimonials.html

All the best,

ssupercoolss
02-23-2007, 08:31 AM
what is oil based sealer made out of?

juddburdon
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
That really depends on the company selling the oil based sealer.

Some companies provide asphalt based sealers that include the actual natural flexible liquid ingredients (Bitumen and Tar) that are mixed into the rock and sand when hot asphalt is being mixed at the plant.

Some sealcoating plants like http://www.mcasphalt.com/index.html provide oil blends that adhere to the asphalt and protect it. This sealer is shiny when first applied and usually very slippery when wet if the asphalt surface is very smooth to begin with.

Choosing the right sealer to apply on asphalt can really depend on your location and climate you live in.

We highly recommend having a variety of different options for your clients. A coal tar emulsion oil mixture, straight coal tar blend with sand and acrylic for clients who want a non smelling - fast drying sealer.

Many of our clients carry two or three different types of sealer to match their clients request and asphalt condition.

Hope this helps and all the best to you.

SealCoatPlus
07-26-2008, 07:05 PM
there is a place in rockland county NY sealmaster distro thats who i use