PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Capstones

EagleLandscape
10-21-2006, 02:18 AM
For this job im starting here in a few weeks, what do I use to attach the capstones to the top course. And would I use the same thing to attach the steps on a stair unit to the riser? I'm using Belgard Celtik Wall stuff, thanks. I've attached the drawing, but I will be substituting the "Wood Deck & Path" for paver material.

paponte
10-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Ummm... adhesive? Trick question?? :confused:

DVS Hardscaper
10-21-2006, 10:27 AM
ummm......

no disrespect intended dude, but honestly, if u need 2 ax, then u need to stick to cutting yards

EagleLandscape
10-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Settle down now, I've never built a wall before. I know that I need an adhesive, and I know Elmer's Glue isn't going to cut if. So what exactly do I need?

paponte
10-21-2006, 03:34 PM
PL, sticks to everything including your hands! :weightlifter:

richallseasons
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
where ever you got the material to build the wall should have pl on hand

kcapxis
10-22-2006, 10:44 AM
PL construction adhesive: I like the cheapest stuff on the shelf, put plenty on & hope that you never have to take it apart!!

zedosix
10-22-2006, 11:29 AM
PL works fine just make sure your caps are fairly clean, no cement residue after cutting. Also applying the glue to dry caps works better. After you apply the glue (no need to over do it) make sure you give the caps a good tapping with a rubber mallet. This ensures a permanent bond.

EagleLandscape
10-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Awesome thanks! Any of yall check out that pdf?

Pavers Plus
10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
most contractors up here have been using Hubba Bubba chewing gum lately to hold Belgard caps on the walls

a select few use the concrete adhesive available at their supplier. Depending on the supplier, their are many brands available. Just make sure it's a quality masonry adhesive rated for outdoor use. Read the directions, as some work only on dry block while other will work on both wet or dry block. I prefer gluing on dry block.