PDA

View Full Version : Demoing Lesco Walk Behinds???

metro36
10-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Is it possible? Will lesco let you? I am looking into buying a 48.

Cheffy
10-21-2006, 05:05 PM
I have a Toro pistol grip 36 pro new I used it twice and bought a dixie run behind on ebey I would sell the toro if anyone is interested

metro36
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
What does that have to do with the topic???

metro36
10-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Bump.... Anybody

metro36
10-21-2006, 09:43 PM
To the top. Maybe envy or sig would know...

geogunn
10-21-2006, 09:49 PM
dude--forget the LESCO test drive.

the sooner you buy the happier you are gonna be.

GEO :clapping:

metro36
10-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I will not just buy one like you say because I want to try them all out first.

MMLawn
10-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Is it possible? Will lesco let you? I am looking into buying a 48.

Seeing as how you are only 13 years old probably not very likely at all. If they have a used one or demo on site they might let you cut a strip of grass or two there but no way they're going let one leave the grounds with a 13 year old due to both age and liability.

Envy Lawn Service
10-21-2006, 10:22 PM
They should allow an adult to demo.

I know I demoed the ZTR's before buying.

dcondon
10-21-2006, 11:13 PM
I bought if they will let you take it off there property but run it around the driveway. If you like it then just buy it. Can't go wrong with Lesco/Cub Cadet com.:cool2:

metro36
10-21-2006, 11:30 PM
I figure they will not let me take one for a day. I will have to go see what they have in stock.

Thanks

J&R Landscaping
10-22-2006, 01:05 AM
When I was asking about demoing equipment at my lesco center, they said the most they could do for me is let me take it out and run a machine in the parking lot. They dont have any demo units and they would not let me put it in the grass on the demo.

Raven386
10-22-2006, 01:20 AM
my dealer let me cut their lawn with a 60" rider( i did their job so they were happy! ) , and when we bought the 52" hydro, he let us use the one he had out on the floor and then got another one out of a crate when we bought it. never asked em about taking it for a day. if you cant demo one, all i can say is you wont be dissapointed. they cut awesome and lay some very nice stripes on the lawn. im gonna upload a couple pics from the other day of a lawn that i cut w/ my 48" belt. IMO i would never but anything but Lesco w/b's. im starting to lean towards getting a lesco Z , price mostly. i can get a 60" w/ collection system for the price of a Scag TT.

Envy Lawn Service
10-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Raven,

I love the Lesco ZTR's. I think you will too.

Raven386
10-22-2006, 01:36 AM
if they cut like their w/bs. i know i will!!! the only thing i dont like is the deck height adjuster. Ferris' was the easiest to use IMO , but i can get over that! that and that they dont make a roller kit for it. everything else i really like. thanks for your thoughts on it too! by any chance do you have any pics of how it cuts? like i said if its anything like their w/bs my mind will be made up!! thanks Envy!

Envy Lawn Service
10-22-2006, 03:25 AM
Hey... it cuts GREAT
No the deck lift setup is not as nice as a few others.
The mowers actually comes STOCK with a roller kit, it's on there on the back of the deck between the tires, you just didn't see it.

When you get it, the roller has two height settings... mine is set in the lower holes.

To be honest, I took mine off once just to find something out, and found that it really does not make a difference... just as I was thinking, the deck produces a nice natural stripe and the roller does very little. In the low setting it still only brushes the tips of the cut grass.

I have posted some pictures of the cut here.
The cut ans stripes are great.

metro36
10-22-2006, 09:19 AM
I will have to stop in at lesco sometime this week and see what they will do for me. Probally just let me drive it around.

Raven386
10-22-2006, 09:31 AM
i didnt know they came with a roller. guess im gonna have to look at it a little bit closer! unless something else comes out that i really like. i think ill be getting a Lesco. thanks again envy! its nice talking to someone who owns one not just the guys at lesco. who have actually told me that they were crap :laugh: he is pretty honest. he told us the floating deck hydros were crap and that no one like the handles and told us it scalped a lot.