PDA

View Full Version : mowing late on a saturday

lawncare18
10-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Had to catch up worked until almost 7 tongiht.. anyone else out there working long hours because of the weather?? rain has been killing me.. between my full time golf course job and side lawn business i can hardly keep up...

RedMax Man
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
I finished my last property at 6:30 tonight (saturday) at least i made a good amount of cash and got a few more jobs to do next week. Had to unload the trailer in the dark. Between school and landscaping it gets kinda tough to keep up this time of year because of the shorter day light hours and the rain.

KrayzKajun
10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
i was in the same boat today

mike lane lawn care
10-21-2006, 09:28 PM
i had to cut today too, i am no longer going to cut on weekends as starting next week, i have a weekend job at radishack for the winter and early spring.

lawncare18
10-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Sure does... I wish one of you guys would help me post osme pics... i am re building a golf green and have some great pics of it...

Jason Rose
10-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Posting pics is easy... If your computer is only a few years old or newer I'm sure that somewhere on there you will have some photo software hiding, usually comes with your printer when you install that. Resize the pics to 800x600 or smaller and you are good to go. I think at the top of the Pictures forum there is some better directions as well as some links to some free picture editing software you can download, but I may be wrong...

As for the rain... Here it only rained/drizzled this morning BUT I wasn't about to go out today! High today was about 41 with a strong north wind, most of the day was colder than that... No thank you... I will just go out tomorrow sometime and catch the few I had to do today!

dcondon
10-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Grass has come to a halt around here. Plus the weather is getting bad around this area. I'm not sure how many cleanups are going to get done this fall.

tjsquickcuts
10-22-2006, 12:29 AM
I love working on Saturdays, except when there is some good football on....We had a pretty good day today.....Started @ 10a.m....because mmaaaannnnn was is cold down my way today.....we wrapped up about 6:30....22 homes....2 small flower beds, and a few estimates in-between.....All and all, a pretty good day....I think we have about 3 to 4 more cuts, and 2 squirt apps......a few leaf clean-ups, plenty of fall color jobs......etc.....

DBL
10-22-2006, 12:30 AM
yeah unfortunatly you can put us on the list because of rain as well and we are still behind because we split up and i had to take 2 guys to take a tree down

SproulsLawnCare
10-22-2006, 01:58 AM
I took my son to basketball practice this morning, and then put in 8 hrs at the factory. I guess for me I will be mowing all day tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain too hard.