PDA

View Full Version : Mowers larger than 21" but smaller than midsize wb's

brucec32
10-22-2006, 12:10 AM
I could use a mower for gates and terrain not suitable for a ztr, but only have a limited amount of trailer space available. I've used 21" for years but it'd be nice to have something with more productivity. It'd need to have as short of a footprint as possible and be able to handle mowing heights from 1.75" to 3.75" w/o breaking out the toolbox.

I know about the Exmark 26" (no thanks) and the Quick 36" (not sure if it can handle the cutting height range). Cost makes the Wright Stander RH unlikely, since this is going to be used only about 2-3 hours a week.

any others out there I haven't heard about?

brucec32
10-22-2006, 02:22 AM
Anyone have feedback on how the quick 36 mowers mulch? I notice it has just a blockoff plate.

TAZ
10-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Anyone have feedback on how the quick 36 mowers mulch? I notice it has just a blockoff plate.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=158516

Keep in mind that I live up north. I had outstanding results with it durring the later spring and summer months. I think that it mulches as well as anything I have used but, but mulching up here is seasonal. Since it got cold and wet out here now I went back to side discharging.

-TAZ