PDA

View Full Version : Laser Level suggestions

KPJK
10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Starting business looking a good laser at decent price.
Thanks for any help

Green-Pro
10-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I got a CST Berger rotary laser level. Manual leveling, but it was only $425 for the whole kit (tripod, rod, laser, detector, and case). Purchased the manual model as we were just starting also and $$ was a factor.

KPJK
10-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks Green pro do they make a self leveling.Just starting out also have a little money to play with.

Green-Pro
10-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes they make a self leveling laser but its about twice the price. I'm not against getting a self leveling laser, it sure would make life a little easier yet. The model I mentioned in previous post is one we got merely because we were just starting and had to determine where to spend money for the most return. i.e. we spent $1400 on a diamond blade paver/block saw (Target Blue) last year. really came down to spend the money on the saw, go cheaper on the laser level, I mean we figured we could suffer through having to level it by turning a couple of screws, once we have it set we are golden. This model of level has allowed us to make use of its preciseness without having to spend the extra dough for the self leveling. rest assured the self leveler is on a short list of next purchased essential work equipment.

richallseasons
10-22-2006, 11:48 PM
just a thought but i always check out the local pawn shops just to see if they have any good tools cheap.

Mike33
10-23-2006, 07:22 AM
I dont have a laser. i have a level that is easy to set up. Startd with a transit that was a pita to sit up. I traded it in on this it might be a self one not sure real easy and quick less than 400.00. of course i already had a tripod. The fancy lasers might be nice but with 1 employee my way works good. Dont spend all of that money un less neccessary i watch guys all the time spend money back in the business just for a ego thing. I laugh the whole way to the bank.
Mike

GreenMonster
10-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Self leveling is priceless. I bought a Home Cheapo CST manual leveling, and it was ALWAYS losing level. I brought it back and got the CST 800GR or something like that. It was around $1,300 or so, maybe more, I don't remember. It was worth every penny.

Pavers Plus
10-27-2006, 06:41 PM
not a laser level, but very accurate. It has a 100' cord, but you don't have to worry about line of site issues. Plus, you can set a benchmark on site (say door threshold) and set it to 0" every day. All elevation changes are then Plus x" or Minus x" from the door threshold.

www.ziplevel.com