PDA

View Full Version : Valve sticking open during blowout.

jcom
10-22-2006, 09:51 AM
We have a zone valve (Irritrol 2500) that will not shut off after we opened it for blowout. Even after we take the air off completely. The valve is buried in the yard. We know generally where it is but in our attempts to save time, I thought I would ask here before I take out the locator to shut it off with flow control. Any ideas on getting it to close? It is zone 4 in an 8 zone system. All zones before we hit 4 are empty but the ones after may possibly have some residual as our compressor can handle maybe 1 and half average zones at a time.

John

Wet_Boots
10-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Manual operation? Or by the controller? An Irritrol in good working order should not stick open.

bicmudpuppy
10-22-2006, 02:07 PM
I would get the locator out and find the valve, but if that is going to be a big time constraint, TURN THE WATER BACK ON!. It's only 8 zones. hooking up is the most time consuming part. Turn the air off and water back on and see if the valve closes. Now remember to winterize zone 4 last.

greenhorn123
10-23-2006, 09:34 PM
move on dude, going back is just wasting more time than you already have on 1 blowout. the residue is not gonna hurt you, as long as the backflow, valves and main are blown out and you said it looked like you got most of the water out of the zones youre all set.

Midlo Snow Maker
10-28-2006, 06:09 PM
move on dude, going back is just wasting more time than you already have on 1 blowout. the residue is not gonna hurt you, as long as the backflow, valves and main are blown out and you said it looked like you got most of the water out of the zones youre all set.
yep happens alot during wint. who cares most times it will be fine in the spring

cush
10-28-2006, 10:11 PM
blow and go blow and go

DanaMac
10-29-2006, 08:34 AM
If the laterals are PVC I'd be more worried than if they were poly. Probably going to be ok, but don't hold me to it. No guarantees, warranties, promises, or anything.