PDA

View Full Version : anything happening?

stslawncare
06-14-2001, 10:19 AM
hey was just wondering if anything is happening with the pictures forum? chuck what do u think? can we have like a voting to see who likes it and who doesnt?

KirbysLawn
06-14-2001, 10:45 AM
I'll move this to the LawnSite.com Support & Announcements forum, it will have a better chance of being seen there by Chuck and fits that forum topic better.

Administrator
06-14-2001, 12:28 PM
Yea, I am still figuring out how I will do it... I don't want to use a lot of system resources so pics will have to be stored on another server.

Eric ELM
06-14-2001, 04:32 PM
How about removing the Attach File feature on Lawnsite and then members can use free picture sites for uploading their pictures. Here is one that is free. http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html

stslawncare
06-14-2001, 05:02 PM
point of the idea though is to have them all together in an organized form, free pictures sites are great but scattered etc. if we have a forum where a member is only allowed to have one thread, that one thread can only contain posts by that member, mostly of pics only. could also transfer all current files on the server to this forum. that way we wont be adding uneccasary stuff. u get what im saying?

Eric ELM
06-14-2001, 05:52 PM
I know exactly what you are saying. What I am saying is, if you have a lot of guys uploading pictures to Lawnsite, it uses up resources. If they upload them to a free picture site, all members have to do is post a link and it will put the picture on this forum. A link doesn't use much resources, the picture is still stored on the free picture site, not Lawnsite.com.

stslawncare
06-14-2001, 06:52 PM
so u saying have a forum but instead of having the pics have links to the pics?