PDA

View Full Version : Help with system design

lsylvain
10-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey folks. I'm getting ready to sell my house here in FL and was thinking of putting in an irrigation system. I already have a shallow well that I use for watering and it is no big deal for me to pull out the hoses and let it go, but I'm thinking that an actual system will be a good selling point.

I've tried to search the net for different heads and controlers but the main problem I keep having is trying to find the distances for each type of head so I can have an idea of where and how far apart I need to place them.

Is there a web-site that may provide this information?

Wet_Boots
10-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Unless this sale is several months away, giving the landscape plenty of recovery time, there isn't much point in doing a pre-sale installation.

Dirty Water
10-22-2006, 06:29 PM
www.irrigationtutorials.com

Read it twice.

lsylvain
10-22-2006, 10:01 PM
The house isn't going to go on the market until Feb at the earliest so there is plenty of time for everything to recover.

Thanks dirty water I'll check that site out.

PurpHaze
10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I've tried to search the net for different heads and controlers but the main problem I keep having is trying to find the distances for each type of head so I can have an idea of where and how far apart I need to place them.

Rainbird, Hunter and Walla Walla Sprinklers (MP Rotators) have their nozzle specs (GPM, head radii, precipitation rates, etc.) available online. Toro doesn't. Some of the other "minor" manufacturers also have them on their web sites.