PDA

View Full Version : Which brand of PVB?

jcom
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Ran into a PVB needing a repair kit today. I cannot see the info plate.

It has a cover like a Wilkins but the guts are not. There is a large white cone shaped piece with gasket on top, under the piece that screws into the body. The cover is not like a Watts so hope someone can tell me what brand so I can get the repair kit.

John Thanks

Wet_Boots
10-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Odds are you got an old Watts. If it's just the poppet washer that's shot, you might find a replacement, from a number of sources.

By the way, that design (and tooling) was sold to Conbraco.

DanaMac
10-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Rainbird used to have one like that as well, but I think Watts bought that from them. It had a large white poppet (or "float" I think they called that one), and it had an orange/red gasket.

SprinklerGuy
10-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Giant chrome top????

Wet_Boots
10-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Rainbird sold the Watts line through an arrangement that had the BPs carrying a Rainbird nameplate. This is one reason why the replacement should be easy to get. A chrome canopy was later replaced by a plastic one. The cover under the canopy was/is brass.

jcom
10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
You guys don't miss anything.

Turns out, it is a Rainbird. White float with an orange/red gasket on top.

Only reason I know is the body was so distorted from ice that it would not hold the guts inside. When we put air into it, the innards would pop right out.

Thanks for the help.

John:waving:

Wet_Boots
10-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Once those freeze, you might as well replace the whole shebang. Even a bit of warpage from ice might distort seats or sealing surfaces.