PDA

View Full Version : Bagger for MFT

lawnstriper23
10-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Just wondering if Hustler made a side bagger for the Mini Fastrack? I am looking for a quality side bagger and wanted to get some ideas as to who makes a bagger for my machine. Thought about the rear bagger that Hustler offers, but it seems to be too big and bulky for me. I looked at the unit from Accelerator, but wanted to see if there is anything else out there.

mowerconsultant
10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately we do not offer a side catcher for the Mini FasTrak.
There are a few aftermarket catcher companies out there, I would check with them as you did with Accelerator and see what your options are.
But for the price of the more expensive side catchers you could be almost to the price of the rear catcher we offer.

Pj

lawnstriper23
10-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, the rear catcher looks kind of akward and big and plus I have heard that the Hustler bagger get clogged up fairly easy. I need something that is sturdy, easy to use and has a reasonable price tag. I can't see dropping another $600 on something that I will need to clear out additional space in the garage for and a unit that doesn't seem to have a good "track record" with users.

mowerconsultant
10-25-2006, 04:43 PM
I am sorry you feel it is awkward and big, it is actually typical size for a catcher of its style / design.
As to it clogging, it is a non blower type catcher, it is bound to happen at one time or another, as is the case with a blower type unit or any grass catcher in general no matter what brand or style of catcher.
As long as you are catching average height grass and lower moisture content grass and leaves you will be fine.
This catcher works with a high lift catching blade on the discharge side of the deck and a transitional discharge tube on the catcher.
My point is this, the Mini FasTrak is a great economical catcher that works as good if not better than any similar non blower powered catcher.
We sell out of them this time of the year, and they have been very popular as far as attachments go for the Mini FasTrak.
Are you going to the GIE? I thought I read here that you may be coming down? if so make sure you find me, I would like to meet you and introduce myself.

Pj

P.S.
In your state the Hustler distributor is stocking the Accelerator catchers for Hustler mowers, they have the one in stock for the Mini FasTrak.
Your dealer can have it pretty quickly if you would like one.

lawnstriper23
10-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I am sorry you feel it is awkward and big, it is actually typical size for a catcher of its style / design.
As to it clogging, it is a non blower type catcher, it is bound to happen at one time or another, as is the case with a blower type unit or any grass catcher in general no matter what brand or style of catcher.
As long as you are catching average height grass and lower moisture content grass and leaves you will be fine.
This catcher works with a high lift catching blade on the discharge side of the deck and a transitional discharge tube on the catcher.
My point is this, the Mini FasTrak is a great economical catcher that works as good if not better than any similar non blower powered catcher.
We sell out of them this time of the year, and they have been very popular as far as attachments go for the Mini FasTrak.
Are you going to the GIE? I thought I read here that you may be coming down? if so make sure you find me, I would like to meet you and introduce myself.

Pj

P.S.
In your state the Hustler distributor is stocking the Accelerator catchers for Hustler mowers, they have the one in stock for the Mini FasTrak.
Your dealer can have it pretty quickly if you would like one.

PJ,
Its not a matter of not liking the bagger, it comes down to limited space in my garage to park the MFT with the bagger and of course what others have experienced with the unit. I need something that is easily installed and removed and something I will be happy with. I don't know, my wife is willing to purchase the Hustler bagger for me, but I would need convincing that is is the right choice. Maybe I need to see one in action for myself before I make an overall verdict.
I am hoping to get down to the GIE. I am trying to get the wife to drive down with me because she has family that she can spend the day with in Columbus. If I do make it I will make sure to stop by to meet you and to get some free goodies (hint- hint)..............