PDA

View Full Version : I've had it with this lady, She's fired...

MowerMoney
10-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Went through this exact same cr*p with this lady last year.
When I cut her lawn last Tuesday, there's like 3" - 5" deep leaves on a portion of the lawn and totally covering her long driveway. So I blew all the leaves off the lawn so I could cut. She likes to pay weekly so when I went to the door she asks if I'm going to finish cleaning up the leaves. As I was behind on cutting due to the rain I told her I would have to come back to do a leaf cleanup. She pays me and says okay.

This Saturday I return, blow all the leaves from beds walks, driveway into a huge pile, rake a bit and bag them (15 huge stuffed bags). Took about 1 hour 40 minutes. I usually charge $45 to $50 per hour but knowing how cheap she is, I gave her a break @ $40 per hour and charged her $67.

She has a flippin bird. Complains that I'm charging too much. Taht I didn't finish the job last Tuesday, expects that I should spend 2 hours cleaning leaves when I cut and only charge the $28 cut fee, it should be included. Wants to know my hourly rate. Doesn't want to hear about my expenses. Says it's not her problem that my equipment costs so much. And so on.

Last year I just stopped going there and she eventually called and apologized so I went back. This year when she calls for the final leaf clean-up, I'll tell her "again" that she should look for some kid with a rake, cause I ain't playin her game no more.

howardsells2000
10-23-2006, 12:32 AM
So, did she pay you?

WildWest
10-23-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't blame you...15 bags! Anytime someone asks me to do something, the first thing outta my mouth is "sure, I can clean up those leaves/hedges/limbs for $$.00" and get that on the table right up front!

I also wouldn't explain my costs to anyone. This is what I charge, take it or leave it! This is not a bardering table, this isn't a swap meet, or a yard sale. This is my rate!
If you want me to do this, then I want you to pay me this! If you wanna pay less, look for someone else.

" Doesn't want to hear about my expenses. Says it's not her problem that my equipment costs so much. And so on,. Well, be sure to tell her that you don't want to hear about her leaf problem, it's not your fault that those leaves fell off her trees!!!

You can dump her or clear it up, it's up to you, but I would let her know that you cut the lawn for 28, not cut the lawn and vac the leaves for 28.

MowerMoney
10-23-2006, 08:00 AM
So, did she pay you?

Yes, she did.......finally...but griping the whole time.

WILDWEST "You can dump her or clear it up, it's up to you, but I would let her know that you cut the lawn for 28, not cut the lawn and vac the leaves for 28."

Went through the same thing last fall. Sent her a letter this spring pointing out that cutting was one thing and leaf cleanup was seperate. She doesn't seem to remember. I told her if I had priced it before hand, I would have quoted $80 to $100, so she got a pretty good deal.

koster_irrigation
10-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Move on, find better clients.

POPO4995
10-23-2006, 09:04 AM
People are unbelieveable sometimes....

garth1967
10-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Went through this exact same cr*p with this lady last year.
When I cut her lawn last Tuesday, there's like 3" - 5" deep leaves on a portion of the lawn and totally covering her long driveway. So I blew all the leaves off the lawn so I could cut. She likes to pay weekly so when I went to the door she asks if I'm going to finish cleaning up the leaves. As I was behind on cutting due to the rain I told her I would have to come back to do a leaf cleanup. She pays me and says okay.

This Saturday I return, blow all the leaves from beds walks, driveway into a huge pile, rake a bit and bag them (15 huge stuffed bags). Took about 1 hour 40 minutes. I usually charge $45 to $50 per hour but knowing how cheap she is, I gave her a break @ $40 per hour and charged her $67.

She has a flippin bird. Complains that I'm charging too much. Taht I didn't finish the job last Tuesday, expects that I should spend 2 hours cleaning leaves when I cut and only charge the $28 cut fee, it should be included. Wants to know my hourly rate. Doesn't want to hear about my expenses. Says it's not her problem that my equipment costs so much. And so on.

Last year I just stopped going there and she eventually called and apologized so I went back. This year when she calls for the final leaf clean-up, I'll tell her "again" that she should look for some kid with a rake, cause I ain't playin her game no more.

i think i remember this story from last year.mate you must tell this person in no uncertain terms to go and get........................:cool2: