PDA

View Full Version : Signs...

N&CLandscaping
10-23-2006, 05:27 PM
If you put signs out on properties, how well of a response do you have? I just purchaced new signs. PS. Sry to everyone who was on the "Why do you call them weedeaters thred, I was having a bad day."

Lynden-Jeff
10-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey,

I put signs up this year. Got 2 clients off of them (10 signs) and it helps with branding. Infact I put them on telephone poles and got a great client who owned the property with that telephone pole on it.

Cheers
Jeff

lawnman_scott
10-23-2006, 11:38 PM
No idea on the signs, but dont worry about the weedeater thing it comes up every year or so. Its a fun debate. So do you keep the gaurd on or off?? There is another good thread.

Lynden-Jeff
10-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Guard on. When I trim, if I trim, is always with shorts so any extra protection helps. I also think no guard wears the trimmers out faster. Anyways back on topic! lol

Cheers
Jeff

Waterscapes By Design
10-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Anytime I have ever bought signs I have always made my money back PLUS profits, so in my opinion it isnt a waste at all......And as Im sure you know, put a couple in your target area at the busiest redlight you have in that area, that way at morning/afternoon rush hour you will have people steadily lookin at that thing while sitting there doing nothing.....

Signs are great, but when ya get them go according to season as well, your probably wont get a lot of calls for lawn service now that the growing season is really over, but the cleanups,mulching, trimming would be a good thing ya know

Lawnaholic
10-24-2006, 01:27 AM
'round here the freagin' city always picks 'em up. Chaps my azz! they're so tight they want you to get a permit in order to use 'em on street corners and such. it's all about money, ya know. you'll be lucky to have 'em sitting in the location past a day. two days is an act of GOD!

Waterscapes By Design
10-24-2006, 11:01 AM
do they allow politicians' signs?

go late one night and stick them about 8ft up on the pole and then lay some kind of nasty grease around the pole so they dont wanna get close to it...lol

Lawnaholic
10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
do they allow politicians' signs?

go late one night and stick them about 8ft up on the pole and then lay some kind of nasty grease around the pole so they dont wanna get close to it...lol
yeah. political or city sponsored (i.e. youth organization, boys baseball, football, soccer, etc.) as far as anything that doesn't make 'em money. GOOD LUCK.

tinman
10-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Worked great for me. $200 for about 20 signs. Best return on advertising I have had for Pressure Washing.

As for city trashing them & other companies stealing them. I suggest putting them up about 9 ft on a utility pole. no one is gonna work that hard to remove them.

MindI
10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
In my area there have been a lot of letters to the editor complaining about signs stuck in medians and at corners. Particularly the signs advertising to make signs has really irritated some folks. But enough have whined about it the city might actually start yanking them up. I have never tried signs, but I have heard from others in the business that they do work, and well.

Jlawnmow
10-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Tinman, what kind of singns did you get??? I just paid $400 for 200 signs. Also I have found that the best time to put signs out is on Friday and they will say there till Monday. I will say though I get alot of business from them. Thats all I really use to advertise.
MindI, whats the name of your company, not sure if I've seen you in Tulsa.

RedMax Man
10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey N&C, Why don't you just put signs on your client's properties... do ya have to put them all over town? If you put them on your clients properties then you can show off your work plus show who does it by using one of those small advertising signs placed in the grass by the curb.

BTW... i thought the "weedeater" thread was funny. I call mine "string trimmers", sounds more professional and because thats what it is.
At the end of last summer i had writen "string trimming" in part of an invoice for a job i did for one of my clients. When i got the check from the client she attached a note thanking me for the work i had done and also asked what "String trimming" was? So i called her and explained it. I have been asked several times what a "string trimmer or line trimmer" is ... people including some LCOs only know the terms "weed eater and weed wacker".:laugh:

Waterscapes By Design
10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
you're right about it just sounding more professional...I personally dont care what anyone calls it, whether it is in this forum or out in the real world, there is slang for everything now days and I just kind of file it under that. But just like with other slang terms, there is a place and time to use them and with a customer or while representing your business I dont feel that is the time.

ozd12005
10-31-2006, 10:51 AM
I just started with the signs about 2 months ago and have gotten 7 jobs from them..... cheap and easy way to advertise

georgiagrass
11-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Putting small discreet classy signs in customers yards has worked best for me. Neighbors tend to call.

grass-scapes
11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
They have dedicated city employees who's job it is to remove illegal signs from roadways. They seem to move eveyones but the real estate signs. I mean, if the realtors can advertise and point the direction to get to their development, why can't I put out a few signs to attract customers.

I may try the friday thing till monday.

Grits
11-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Tinman, what kind of singns did you get??? I just paid $400 for 200 signs. Also I have found that the best time to put signs out is on Friday and they will say there till Monday. I will say though I get alot of business from them. Thats all I really use to advertise.
MindI, whats the name of your company, not sure if I've seen you in Tulsa.

200 signs for $400!!!!! That is a deal. What company did you use and what is their contact info? Can you post a pic of your sign so I can see the quality? Thanks!