PDA

View Full Version : Power tree digging spade

stevelsc1
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Has anyone used or bought the gas powered spade that was in the landscape magazines? if so how was it and where can they be located and the price??

Thanks Guys:waving:

Vermeer
10-24-2006, 08:35 AM
What size are you looking for?

orionkf
10-24-2006, 08:56 PM
not sure, but are you talking about this? --> http://www.gomulch.com/index.cfm/name-cont.products/app_prodid-66

richallseasons
10-25-2006, 07:20 PM
ok this thing weighs 43 lbs. (I dont see the need) so you dont get worn out digging the hole now you just get tired from digging with a 43lb shovel?;)

olderthandirt
10-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Has anyone used or bought the gas powered spade that was in the landscape magazines? if so how was it and where can they be located and the price??

Thanks Guys:waving:

They use to send out vidio of the shovel at work and it look like it worked great. I called and talked to the owner of the co. and I think he was located in Georgia but its been a few yrs. I believe the price was approx. $1300, like I said its been a few yrs.

No I did'nt buy one, decided a back hoe was easier for me :)

phototropic1
10-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I saw one of those at a trade show a few years ago. I had to laugh! :laugh: Watch the video on their website. It seems that the dynadigger could be very useful for a FEW select applications, such as digging up small trees or shrubs for transplanting. But they would have to be pretty small. For pretty much any other thing you would use a regular shovel for, forget it. The worst part of shovelling for me, usually, is the lifting the dirt out of the hole part. With the dynadigger, you'd have to lift an extra 43 pounds give or take a few. Yikes. :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:
I like how in their video, they show an old guy who obviously doesn't know how to use a shovel to show how tough using a regular shovel is. Then this young fit dude comes up and throws the 43 lb dynadigger around like it is a wiffle ball bat and demonstrates how easily anybody can use their product. Pfff!!! Did anybody else notice that while they were showing the trenching application, the helper cleaning out the loose dirt was using a sharpshooter, not a cleanout shovel. Doh!!!:dizzy:

I might rent one for a day to try it out, but I'm pretty skeptical.

stevelsc1
10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Thah`s it thanks