PDA

View Full Version : quick 36 super duty

Matts lawn care
10-23-2006, 06:56 PM
just ordered my quick 36 super duty today. it is supposed to come on Wednesday. i ordered 2 sets of gator blades an extra set of high lifts and the mulch kit. better surprised me with their excellent customer service. i cant wait for it to get here. getting a new mower is just like Christmas. i am second guessing getting the bagger tho. should i have or is mulching good enough. i will post some pictures of it in action wensday.

04TurfT
10-23-2006, 07:10 PM
ohhh yeah always exciting gettin a new one. I have heard very nice things about better products. Customer satisfaction is supposed to be great, and that is supposed to be a tough little machine you purchased, good luck with it, and definatly get pictures of it when it comes in.... Are you gonna pull a sulkey and also what motor is on that?

turf dog
10-23-2006, 08:23 PM
I went without the bagger. With the high lifts on it mulchs up just fine. Please give us a comparision on mulching between the gator and high lifts. I am thinking of buying the gator blades for my Samurai.

lawncare18
10-23-2006, 08:35 PM
i have the gators... they work great!!!!! what I will do is mow the whole lawn once in the fall.. then blow everything out of the flower beads sidewlaks etc.. then take ym quick 36 and re mow the lawn.. saves a lot of blowing time and it chews them up so so small you cant even tell the diff!!!!!!!!

WJW Lawn
10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
I went without the bagger. With the high lifts on it mulchs up just fine. Please give us a comparision on mulching between the gator and high lifts. I am thinking of buying the gator blades for my Samurai.

Hey Turf...are you using the Mulch kit with the high-lifts? If so...how's the result?

BUCKEYE MOWING
10-23-2006, 09:51 PM
WJW..The gators seem to a much better job of mulching...I have ran them with and without the mulch plate..it pretty much destroys leaves either way ..but with the mulch plate it is a bit better but may require a second pass to really make them disappear in heavy conditions

turf dog
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey Turf...are you using the Mulch kit with the high-lifts? If so...how's the result?

WJW, Here in Arkansas the leaves are just beginning to fall. But using the high lifts on grass with the mulch plate did just great. Got my Turf mag today and it had the Q44 coming out in 07. Did not give any real info that has not already been discussed.

Matts lawn care
10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
its going to come wensday if im home if im not it will come thursday.

Mr.Mow-It-All
10-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Looks like you get to move your quick 36 from yout "list for next year" into the "what I have now" catagory.

Congrats, I prob will get next year also.

BQLC
10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
its going to come wensday if im home if im not it will come thursday.
I wouuld call in sick from my full time job just to make sure I was home ( I am Impatient ) I hope to order mine in Nov.:clapping: :clapping:

Rhett
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Have heard about the great cut and service but still do not get it. It is a single hydro which means you have to get off the sulky to turn the thing. Maybe as a trim mower or if you are part time it would work but I would think a dual hydro would be worth the extra money. Guess I might be the biggest doubter. Throw one on the trailer and let me compare it to a dual hydro and I will let you know.

Rhett
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Have heard about the great cut and service but still do not get it. It is a single hydro which means you have to get off the sulky to turn the thing. Maybe as a trim mower or if you are part time it would work but I would think a dual hydro would be worth the extra money. Guess I might be the biggest doubter. Throw one on the trailer and let me compare it to a dual hydro and I will let you know.

WJW Lawn
10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Hater lol

Rhett
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Not a hater! Anything that will make me more money and keep the equipment cost down is a fine thing. If I and my employee are tired out before the work is done that would cost me money. Have not heard too many guys (NONE) that do this as thier only source of income rave too hard. Sorry about the double post.

metro36
10-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Anybody in ny who has one and would let me try it out?

Matts lawn care
10-24-2006, 06:46 PM
you dont have to get off the sulky you just adjust your weight the way you want to go. it is explained in the web site

i wont be available Wednesday so it comes Thursday.

BUCKEYE MOWING
10-24-2006, 06:54 PM
You do not have to get off the sulky to take a turn ..its plenty powerfull !! (16 hourse KAW engine ) The BOP's are designed to save you money and are true commercial units that are backed by a great company with the best customer service I have ever seen. I have cut small yards up to an acre for home owners all summer long with it and put 100+ hours on the machine and have done nothing other than change oil and filter ...add gas and change blades ..It is a great machine ! Call Gary at BOP and let him explain it to you .

Rhett
10-24-2006, 06:57 PM
How about backing up? tight spots? I will let anyone close to me use my Viking for a day in exchange for checking out the quick and will compare notes later.

MarkintheGarden
10-24-2006, 07:01 PM

Rhett, I am with you, the dual hydro is so much better and worth the cost!
I would like to try out a Quick!

MattsMowing3535
10-24-2006, 07:07 PM
I built a sulky for a 21" toro and I could turn the thing on the sulky so ya. . .you can turn just kinda push the handlebars one way and shift your body too. Its easy with a little practice. BTW the 21" sulky didnt work for long. . . no traction :( lol

Mr.Mow-It-All
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM
I built a sulky for a 21" toro and I could turn the thing on the sulky so ya. . .you can turn just kinda push the handlebars one way and shift your body too. Its easy with a little practice. BTW the 21" sulky didnt work for long. . . no traction :( lol

I bet, I would like to see that, question is why would you need a sulky with a 21. Are you doing that big of areas with a 21 and why with a 21?

MattsMowing3535
10-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I had just turned 15 at the time. It was the first self propeled mower I ever used. So basicly I was 15. . .I was bored. . . I had a set of turf tires that would hold me up. It was fun when it had traction! I had this one "frontage area" about 300 feet long and maybe 10 feet wide so. . .It was used there :rolleyes: ya. .. . Im lazy!

WJW Lawn
10-25-2006, 06:59 AM
Not a hater! Anything that will make me more money and keep the equipment cost down is a fine thing. If I and my employee are tired out before the work is done that would cost me money. Have not heard too many guys (NONE) that do this as thier only source of income rave too hard. Sorry about the double post.

I was just kiddn about the hater thing. I use one...I do not work another job. This is my only source of income. So now you have (1) :drinkup:

Matts lawn care
10-25-2006, 05:03 PM
the mower just came!! i will post pics later with mulch kit and gator blades. man does it leave a nice cut.

brucec32
10-25-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm considering one based on the positive feedback. But like someone else mentioned, only as a "trim mower" for areas the ZTR won't fit in. I am sick of the long heavy but unproductive 32" belt drive mower and looking for a replacement.

I would not, however, want to spend long amounts of time padding behind one, or on a sulky even. I think a video of the sulky in use, making real world turns, would help them sell more units to sceptics.

I am also sceptical that the unit is "commercial duty" in all regards. I'm not familiar with those engines, but are they really as long lasting as the typical Kawi 14/17hp units found on most midsize wb's? I think it's fine for the amount of hours it'd see as a "trim mower", but at $2450 vs. nearly double that for a traditional midsize 36", something has to give in terms of cost.

I think its best attribute is the short length the 3 blade setup gives it, and with that the cut quality.

I just wonder how long it is till the big companies wake up and design a similar mower, except with improvements like dual hydros and quick height adjust. The weight advantage could be almost matched by simply scaling down the beef of the mower.

other worries:

no real mulch kit.
I haven't read any reports from those cutting Bermudagrass at lower heights.

BUCKEYE MOWING
10-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Congrats Matt !! your going to love that machine.

MarkintheGarden
10-26-2006, 02:18 PM
the mower just came!! i will post pics later with mulch kit and gator blades. man does it leave a nice cut.

Good for you Matt!
Please do keep us posted about that Quick 36, I am looking forward to the pics and your further comments about the machine. I imagine the three blades are the reason you are getting a nice cut. What do you think about the machines durability? Some suggest that they are not heavy duty?

Happy mowing (whats left of it)

Matts lawn care
10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
g:\dcim\100msdcf

Matts lawn care
10-26-2006, 08:37 PM
[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Desktop[/IMG

Howard Roark
10-26-2006, 08:45 PM

This is MY only source of income, and I'll rave all day about this machine. Despite the reverse lever killing your thumb, it's "thumbs up" all the way.

stuffdeer
10-26-2006, 08:47 PM
[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Desktop[/IMG

Matt, Email me the pics, and I'll post them up for you.

Bigbuck1@wideopenwest.com

stuffdeer
10-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Here, Matt can describe them
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/DSC02130.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/DSC02122.jpg\http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/DSC02117.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/DSC02115.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/DSC020992.jpg