PDA

View Full Version : fall clean-up price ?

BryPaulD
10-23-2006, 10:21 PM
what would you charge for about an acre and a half to blow the leaves out. no hauling.

RedMax Man
10-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Depends on the area... hills, trees, flower beds, walls, fences, effect how long it takes to do the job.

BryPaulD
10-23-2006, 11:47 PM
flat ground, a front and a back yard. Some trees in the yard. Yard surrounded by trees to blow the leaves into. Whole yard covered in leaves though. Gonna use a redmax 7001 backed by a giant vac 11hp push. I got the job for $150.00 just wondered if I was high priced or to low, or maybe pretty accurate? Thanks :) and have to drive maybe 10 milesish to the job, I didn't pay attention to milage when I went to estimate it, but it took me prolly 15 mins. to get there.

AFM Contracting
10-27-2006, 02:40 PM
your best bet is to charge per man hour. you never know what situations may arise. around here we charge $50-$65/hr.

Good luck

BryPaulD
10-27-2006, 06:36 PM
yeah, I got stung on this one. :( waaaay to many leaves, pine needles and leaf mulch underneath. Plus the crap is wet. Today I had the piles so heavy the 11hp push wasn't really moving them, so I strapped on the backpack and pushed the blower one handed while aiming the backpack nozzle with the other hand. Holy crap, you wanna see stuff fly :laugh:
I think the only perks I got out of this job was seeing the stuff fly away with the 2 blowers running together and I might have gotten 2 more jobs (neighbors) out of it

cantoo
10-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Better hope they don't talk to your customer about the price you gave him. You might be in for another fun job.

gene gls
10-27-2006, 10:23 PM
yeah, I got stung on this one. :( waaaay to many leaves, pine needles and leaf mulch underneath. Plus the crap is wet. Today I had the piles so heavy the 11hp push wasn't really moving them, so I strapped on the backpack and pushed the blower one handed while aiming the backpack nozzle with the other hand. Holy crap, you wanna see stuff fly :laugh:
I think the only perks I got out of this job was seeing the stuff fly away with the 2 blowers running together and I might have gotten 2 more jobs (neighbors) out of it

Lesson learned, education cost money, one way or another. We have all been there at some time.