PDA

View Full Version : Double blades

noz77
10-24-2006, 02:30 PM
I am curious about the double blade idea! Do you use spacers between the blades? Are they lined up with each other? Is this good all season long? Does anyone have a pic of this concept?

thanks

cadzilla500
10-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Use the dixie chopper "X-Blades", measure yours and find the right length. You will be impressed with the results.

Speaking of which, I run them on my Dixie with the manual clutch. Would a Great Dane's electric clutch be okay with double blades?

noz77
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I am running an Lazer Z with electric clutch. Would this be a problem?

Runner
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
No.,..and no, you don't use a spacer between the blades. This lessens the friction and makes the blades come out of the perpendicular pattern easier if something is hit. Do a search and I'll guarantee you you'll come up with two days worth the reading that will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know on this subject.

dcondon
10-24-2006, 08:16 PM
No.,..and no, you don't use a spacer between the blades. This lessens the friction and makes the blades come out of the perpendicular pattern easier if something is hit. Do a search and I'll guarantee you you'll come up with two days worth the reading that will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know on this subject.

You beat me to it Runner:( NO you never put a spacer between the two:nono: :nono:

noz77
10-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the help! I am going to do some reading on it.

Runner
10-25-2006, 12:22 PM
You beat me to it Runner:( NO you never put a spacer between the two:nono: :nono:

LOL! Well, it's ABOUT time! Usually it's the other way around - between you and PM!:rolleyes:

stumper1620
10-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I am running an Lazer Z with electric clutch. Would this be a problem?
2 years running doubles hasn't hurt my elect. clutch.

rodfather
10-25-2006, 05:06 PM
When running doubles, engage pto at 1/2 rpm's...then bring it up to max before you begin to mow, etc.

Runner
10-26-2006, 10:12 AM
And the most important thing pertaining to clutch wear, is that you throttle all the way down, and let the blades slow all the way down before DISengaging. THIS is what saves the airgap on your clutch!

lsylvain
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
spacer, no spacer, just play with them and see what works best with your mower. It is a miss conception that the blades have to be perpendicular. you can have them at any angel you wish. The guys who came up with the perpendicular thing were thinking that it would be better balanced when the fact is if the individual blades are balance the entire unit is going to be balanced regarless of the angle of the blades. If you engage your blades the way your owners manual tells you you will not have any problems. As far as burning up a spindle which you wont but even if you did a spindle only cost about $70.00. You are going to want to pay attention to their performance on different lawns.