PDA

View Full Version : Wrongly Accused

yokes
10-24-2006, 07:40 PM
A customer has wrongly accused me of braking her fence. I explained to her that it was not me and that there are many other ways that the fence could have broke. The customer was not having any of this. She said,
"I know you broke the fence. I am not paying another cent until you get over hear and fix my fence." Anyway she decided to cancel her service and she still owes $130.00. I am afraid she will not pay up. How should I handle this issue?

metro36
10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
What kind of fence and how hard to fix. I would just fix it and add the cost to the bill.

John Gamba
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
What kind of fence and how hard to fix. I would just fix it and add the cost to the bill.

Find out how it got broken, then tell her. then tell her she owes you 130 dollars.

If she doest pay call the collection agency.

covalawn
10-24-2006, 09:26 PM
I've had this happen....A customers fence came loose from the post and she asked if I did it. I'm pretty sure I didn't but maybe I hit the post and knocked it out???? Luckily I had some screws in the truck and just put it back up...but it does suck to get accused of something you don't think you did.

jsf343
10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
How does she think you did it? If you know 100% you didn't do it, I would let her know you have done the work and fullfilled your obligations now its time for her to fulfill hers. Be nice about it but be firm. If she still does not want to pay send her a new collection letter every 30 days. Quickbooks has them, or you can find them online.
As for the fence I would stick to your guns unless you did it. If you did... either fix it or have her get someone to fix it and pay the bill by doing her yard?
just be nice, but also stand your ground if you need to.

puppypaws
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
A customer has wrongly accused me of braking her fence. I explained to her that it was not me and that there are many other ways that the fence could have broke. The customer was not having any of this. She said,
"I know you broke the fence. I am not paying another cent until you get over hear and fix my fence." Anyway she decided to cancel her service and she still owes $130.00. I am afraid she will not pay up. How should I handle this issue?If you like the account and the owner pays on time and gives you no other problems just fix the fence and work the money back out of them in a suttle manner and everyone will be happy, now if you don't like the account and it is more of a problem than it is worth that is a different situation. I guess it just boils down to if you want the account or not, you can get your money back out of people and make them happy they let you have it, psychology is what it is called.

Waterscapes By Design
10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Man if its just a privacy fence and one plank is messed up or something, go get it and fix it, especially if you do other yards on the street....And in the future if you notice lil things like that while you are mowing, bring it to their attention by leaving a lil note or something so that it doesnt come to this....

It sounds like you lost the client already by what ya said (in this post). If ya dont have any customers around her then its not worth it anyway...

John Gamba
10-25-2006, 08:03 AM
"I know you broke the fence. I am not paying another cent until you get over hear and fix my fence." Anyway she decided to cancel her service and she still owes $130.00. I am afraid she will not pay up. How should I handle this issue?

Can ypu post a pic of the fence

Sam Eye
10-25-2006, 09:50 AM

Sounds like she's convinced you did it. If it's "no big deal" to repair it, then do so. It'll leave a positive image of you and your company and you might even see the $130. she owes you.

lawnworker
10-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Do you have empolyees?

Waterscapes By Design
10-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Do you have empolyees?

Lmao....blame it on them!!

Im just kidding....Kinda sounded like thats what you were leading up to with that.