PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new Boss today.

ALarsh
10-24-2006, 08:57 PM
They finished the install today. Looks great. I have a Sho-Me led mini light bar that is coming in later this week. New tires are going on as soon as I can get some time. payup at 17.

Enjoy.

http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3199.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3198.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3200.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3202.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3204.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3203.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3206.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3209.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Snowplowing/New%20Boss/IMG_3216.jpg

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Alarsh,

I have to say. Ever since I joined this forum, I really didn't care for your "Attitude". But you know what. The more I think about it, If I think more like you, I will go far.

So whats your secret, As I'll be 17 in a little over one year, I'd love to have what you have.

I mean, If I do well enough this coming year, I'll buy a new truck, and possibly a new mower, But you, Seem to have it all under control with everything. I really envy you.

FearThisDeere
10-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Lookin' good. Don't go mudding with it on lol!

iowa
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Nice.

Too bad it is hardly going to snow in the midwest this year, I have a strong feeling about it too.

ALarsh
10-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Alarsh,

I have to say. Ever since I joined this forum, I really didn't care for your "Attitude". But you know what. The more I think about it, If I think more like you, I will go far.

So whats your secret, As I'll be 17 in a little over one year, I'd love to have what you have.

I mean, If I do well enough this coming year, I'll buy a new truck, and possibly a new mower, But you, Seem to have it all under control with everything. I really envy you.
The most important thing is to do good work, not be the most expensive and advertise! If you can do those things, you will grow nicely. Be nice to everyone that talks to you about your business. It will help you.

For example, one of my parents friends in the neighborhood needed some help bringing in their patio equipment. I did it one night after finishing my normal work and told them not to worry about paying me. I did it as a favor. A couple weeks later they referred me to one of their friends interested in services. This is a $6,000 a year account with lawn mowing, fall clean up, shrub trimming and snow plowing. Do some favors every once in a while, most often you come out VERY far ahead.

Some of it is being focused on the business. The money and the equipment is nice but it can be stressful at times and your social life does suffer as a teenager. I have to spend many nights out working while some are having fun but I try my best to make time for the fun.:drinkup:

I have read you saying that you wanted to pay cash for a new truck... I kind of blew it off because I didn't want to get involved but that isn't always the smartest move (pay cash). I paid a large portion of the Chevy down but took out a partial loan of $6,000 to have some extra cash. If you can use loans wisely (invest it into equipment), you will come out much better.

Good Luck.

ALarsh
10-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Nice.

Too bad it is hardly going to snow in the midwest this year, I have a strong feeling about it too.
Exactly what i'm hoping for. 3/4 of my contracts are seasonal.

Lookin' good. Don't go mudding with it on lol!

I'll try to stay out of the mud. :)

Jamesgateslandscaping
10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Looks good man!!!
I should have pics of all my trucks dressed for winter hopefully in the next week or so:clapping:
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!
You should do half seasonal, half by push just incase we have a lot of snow and you don't loose your shirt!
James

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 10:01 PM
The most important thing is to do good work, not be the most expensive and advertise! If you can do those things, you will grow nicely. Be nice to everyone that talks to you about your business. It will help you.

For example, one of my parents friends in the neighborhood needed some help bringing in their patio equipment. I did it one night after finishing my normal work and told them not to worry about paying me. I did it as a favor. A couple weeks later they referred me to one of their friends interested in services. This is a $6,000 a year account with lawn mowing, fall clean up, shrub trimming and snow plowing. Do some favors every once in a while, most often you come out VERY far ahead.

Some of it is being focused on the business. The money and the equipment is nice but it can be stressful at times and your social life does suffer as a teenager. I have to spend many nights out working while some are having fun but I try my best to make time for the fun.:drinkup:

I have read you saying that you wanted to pay cash for a new truck... I kind of blew it off because I didn't want to get involved but that isn't always the smartest move (pay cash). I paid a large portion of the Chevy down but took out a partial loan of $6,000 to have some extra cash. If you can use loans wisely (invest it into equipment), you will come out much better.

Good Luck.

Thanks, And good luck to you also.

LawnInOrder
10-24-2006, 10:50 PM
i really like those chevy trucks. how much the plow set u back if u don;t mind me asking. Nice plow and equipment.Take sum pics of the mowers got. How many accounts do u maintain? I really evny u too like stuffdeer said. You truly know what your doing good luck. LawnInOrder

ALarsh
10-24-2006, 11:08 PM
The plow was $4150 installed w/ tax. Install was $400.

http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Equipment/2006/NewX/IMG_3078.jpg
I won a 751 from powerequipmentwarehouse.com and need to order another back pack blower trailer mount. I am also getting another FS110 come spring.

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Any Particular reason you put the wood on the sides of the trailer?
And do your mowers stay put while driving? I can't get mine to stay put what so ever.

ALarsh
10-24-2006, 11:23 PM
The green sides set me apart from every other joe blow with lawn mowers on the trailer. They help when you have to carry rocks and a little bit of dirt also.

You have to be careful when you go across railroad tracks and big bumps. I slow down to a walk when going over railroad tracks. Every once in a while they bump each other.

I think part of it might have to do with weight. That toro is 1200 lbs and the exmark is 600 lbs. Probably a bit more than the cub.

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 11:27 PM
The green sides set me apart from every other joe blow with lawn mowers on the trailer. They help when you have to carry rocks and a little bit of dirt also.

You have to be careful when you go across railroad tracks and big bumps. I slow down to a walk when going over railroad tracks. Every once in a while they bump each other.

I think part of it might have to do with weight. That toro is 1200 lbs and the exmark is 600 lbs. Probably a bit more than the cub.

Well yea...

I think the cub is only 700 lbs and the Ferris is 350 lbs. I'm thinking of getting some fastraps for next year.

nmez21
10-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Austin, great looking plow and even better advice! Good luck and have a great offsea.....winter payup :usflag:

btw-Keep up the good work, and as you can see- your 'idolized' by more than just one of the younger LS members :waving: :walking: .

ALarsh
10-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks mez. Was that pic you after the mosh pit with the chick? :cool2: :drinkup: :usflag:

Lawnworks
10-25-2006, 08:52 AM

Good Luck.

It will pay off down the road... it has for me. I never played sports in highschool because of my business... worked Saturdays. I don't have any regrets at 23. I own a nice house, 4 trucks, run 3 crews, take any day off I want, and have enough money in the bank to sleep like a baby.

Keep up the good work, and keep investing in yourself. I would also advise to start stashing some money under the matress or in the bank. You will need it later if you get serious about your business.

LawnInOrder
10-25-2006, 07:53 PM
nice toro and exmark. How many accounts do you maintain. Also what kinda of blower is that on the trailer. LawnInOrder

nmez21
10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks mez. Was that pic you after the mosh pit with the chick? :cool2: :drinkup: :usflag:
:laugh: Yeh that was me

ALarsh
10-25-2006, 08:53 PM
nice toro and exmark. How many accounts do you maintain. Also what kinda of blower is that on the trailer. LawnInOrder

On a weekly basis I do about 25 accounts. I have about 10 active one time customers as I call them. They call when they go on vacation, short on time, say they don't want to cut this month so they tell me to, etc etc.

mkwl
10-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Looks great Austin! I'm hoping to get a certified used 2500HD w/Duramax & Allison reg cab, long bed with a 8' Western next year (as soon as I get my liscense at 17).

J&R Landscaping
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Looks great! What made you go with boss over the other brands. I read some stuff on them and it was decent but I'm not a fan of the electrical involved.

ALarsh
10-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Good boss dealers around here and I think they are the best and have a good finish. I ran a Western and a Boss side by side one night out plowing. I liked the boss much better.

RedMax Man
10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey, thats one sharp looking setup!:cool2: The boss plow looks great. Are you getting snow tire or something with a larger tread? What brand of trailer? mine looks just like it without the green sides. I also have several greentouch racks. I'm also 17... didn't realize how many of us on this site are still younge. Keep up the hard work ...:weightlifter:

ALarsh
10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
I plan on getting Dueler A/T Revos (265 75/R16), so they are slightly bigger.

US Cargo trailer.

Lawnsmithcare
10-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Alarsh we had gotten into it on ******** and you know now that I am thinking about I am sorry for that and you are one to look up to I have to say right now I have 2 walkbehinds and 1 ztr and a 16 foot trailer and by the time I am 17 I hope to have a crew working for me with 2 ztrs and a walkbegind we will see though.

DodgeTruckMan731
10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
What size plow is that?

ALarsh
10-26-2006, 07:55 PM
8' superduty

Lawn Enforcer
11-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Nice set up, my trailer used to look like that, until I started building new racks for it.

ALarsh
11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
I do have racks- greentouch

Lawn Enforcer
11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Nice set-up, keep up the good work!

mike lane lawn care
11-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Some of it is being focused on the business. The money and the equipment is nice but it can be stressful at times and your social life does suffer as a teenager. I have to spend many nights out working while some are having fun but I try my best to make time for the fun.
two things

1. I LOVE the setup looks amazing!!!!!

2. I know the feeling, and i think many of us do, working you a$$ off while your friends are at a party. Doing your financial buisness until midnight, and never really doing anything other than work. I think that it just a side effect of being in the lawn care industry, but what we are learning will give us a leg up when we're living on our own and not at home. I was talking to someone tonight who has a grandson who doesn't have a job, and is leaving home the second he turns 18(a few weeks), it will hit him hard when he realizes that the minimun he needs will be $300-$400 a week to get by.

What do you do for fun? i saw that thread about off roading, looked like fun. I took the van up on the mountain a few weeks ago after a rain storm, following up a few guys, 2 had 4x4's and one had a FWD volvo sedan. well the volvo was the first to get stuck, and was able to turn back, but the second to get stuck wasn't me! it was a siverado 1500 4x4, and i was on the same path as he was, believe it or not, i didn't get stuck, and my wheels never really spun. BUT make sure you get out, i learned that people stop asking you to go places if you don't ever have the time to go.

ALarsh
11-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Snowmobile, boating, fourwheeling, try to party without getting arrested, chase chicas... what else? :drinkup:

btw, chicas love guys in big ass trucks :usflag:

BMFD92
11-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Snowmobile, boating, fourwheeling, try to party without getting arrested, chase chicas... what else? :drinkup:

btw, chicas love guys in big ass trucks :usflag:

i can second that:drinkup: