PDA

View Full Version : Help Rewriting contract for next year.

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I had a contract this year, But would like to include one more thing in it this year.

I want to put in there, That they are allowed 2 skips per season, after that I charge them for my visit with a visit or no visit.

I just need help wording into contractable forms.

Waterscapes By Design
10-24-2006, 10:00 PM
What do you mean " they are allowed to skips per season"??

like....you are allowed to not cut once or twice for whatever reason? or they can tell you not to come once or twice? Im not clear on that....

If you are saying they are allowed to tell you not to come once or twice for whatever reason and that in return you will be allowed to do the same that doesnt seem right to me....If you miss a week or 2 in the growing season its gonna be more work for you when ya come out to do it...

MMLawn
10-24-2006, 10:18 PM
A) since you are a teenager check your state laws. In most every state you cannot sign a legally binding contract on your end until you are at least 18 years old. I posted each states law on LS a year or so ago.

B) When you are old enough to sign one spend the few hundred dollars it would cost you at this point and hire a lawyer to draw it up. My sister is a lawyer that specializes in Contract Law and one single wrong one can void the entire contract in legal proceedings.

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 10:21 PM
What do you mean " they are allowed to skips per season"??

like....you are allowed to not cut once or twice for whatever reason? or they can tell you not to come once or twice? Im not clear on that....

If you are saying they are allowed to tell you not to come once or twice for whatever reason and that in return you will be allowed to do the same that doesnt seem right to me....If you miss a week or 2 in the growing season its gonna be more work for you when ya come out to do it...

Well really what I meant, is That they can call my 1 or 2 times, and tell me not to come with no extra charges for the next cut.

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 10:22 PM
A) since you are a teenager check your state laws. In most every state you cannot sign a legally binding contract on your end until you are at least 18 years old. I posted each states law on LS a year or so ago.

B) When you are old enough to sign one spend the few hundred dollars it would cost you at this point and hire a lawyer to draw it up. My sister is a lawyer that specializes in Contract Law and one single wrong one can void the entire contract in legal proceedings.

Thanks for the Info. My dad is signing my contracts for me. He has the same name as me.

I agree, I will hire a lawyer to draw one up when I'm old enough.

MMLawn
10-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the Info. My dad is signing my contracts for me. He has the same name as me.

I agree, I will hire a lawyer to draw one up when I'm old enough.

That works. Now while you are small is the time the get the contract drawn up, lawyer probably won't charge you as much and rarely if ever would you need to update it if they do it right. Good luck.

stuffdeer
10-24-2006, 10:27 PM
That works. Now while you are small is the time the get the contract drawn up, lawyer probably won't charge you as much and rarely if ever would you need to update it if they do it right. Good luck.

Thanks Mike!

This helps a lot, and you don't know how much I appreciate this information.