PDA

View Full Version : telmarketers for lawns

smarino21
10-25-2006, 01:05 AM
has anyone thought or tried doing telemarketing for lawns. I thought of looking in to companys that do telemarketing and try it for lawns? Just a thought

Raven386
10-25-2006, 01:09 AM
not once have i ever listened to what a telemarketer had to say.. it gets very annoying when they call, especially when the call later in the evening like they have been doing recently... IMO i would stick to regular advertising and word of mouth.

topsites
10-25-2006, 02:42 AM
not once have i ever listened to what a telemarketer had to say.. it gets very annoying when they call, especially when the call later in the evening like they have been doing recently... IMO i would stick to regular advertising and word of mouth.

ditto, you couldn't hook me into telemarketing my business if it was free.
Too invasive, imo.

smarino21
10-25-2006, 01:15 PM
thanks guys

TurfProSTL
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Back in the day, all the big LCOs used telemarketing. It was a cost effective way to solicit free estimates.

With no-call lists, cell phones, caller ID, etc., I think telemarketing has gone the way of rotary phones.....

Billz
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
A fert company here uses telemarketing....they have 2000 customers. Someone has to be listening to them, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Raven386
10-26-2006, 12:14 AM
it all depends on how its set-up i guess? if its not forcing your service down their throat i would imagine it would be good for business.

tinman
10-28-2006, 06:15 PM
worth it in my opinion if you can afford someone to do it or have time & personality to do it. If you can handle 99 "no's" to get to the one "yes" go for it. It's fairly easy to get the no call list. Just time consuming to compare your list to the no call list. Some companies sell shrubbed list I think.

Runner
10-29-2006, 01:30 AM
A fert company here uses telemarketing....they have 2000 customers. Someone has to be listening to them, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

We have one here (a private) that does it, and he is just over 10,000 accounts, now. the vast majority of it came from telemarketing. He has marketers that are making close to $1000 some weeks. This last year, he bought a system called an auto-dialer for the marketers. When he first installed it, he heard alot of moaning and groaning from these people, because it kept them right on task (as soon as one call is complete, it is already dialing another). Well, after the first week, these people were DIGGIN' on it, because all they're sales were up.

DBL
10-29-2006, 01:31 AM
had a salesman for about 6 months this year guy was nuts out there all day and when it rained he got the phone book and called random people dont know how many jobs he got calling and got door to door but he did well the time he was with us

garth1967
10-29-2006, 06:15 AM
ditto, you couldn't hook me into telemarketing my business if it was free.
Too invasive, imo.

i feel the same but i must admit i have always wondered how it would go