PDA

View Full Version : Help selecting a ZT Mower

4ngoods
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Hello, I'm in the market on buying a ztr, I have seen many brands and it seems that they all have what I'm looking for. Here are the ones I pick, they not on order of preferrence maybe yall can tell me the pros and cons of each mower. Thanks in advance

-Exmark phazer 34" w/19 hp kawasaki engine
-Dixon Black Bear 34" w/18 hp kohler engine
-Dixie Chopper 34" w/22 hp Generac engine not to familiar with those engines.

I want a small ztr to get into the back yards.

Ed

KrayzKajun
10-25-2006, 04:35 PM
I have a New Holland with a 38" cut. i love it. it fits through some of your larger gates. If I had to choose between the three you posted I would go with the Dixie Chopper.

4ngoods
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Help me out here people, I know a lot of yall have these small riders if you have other brand name and you think is better then the ones I have on here please let me know.

Ed

KS_Grasscutter
10-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I would get the Dixon.

gilatplc
10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Exmark or Dixie I would stay away from the Dixon, A local dealer just started careen them the they are IMO under built and poor quality from the one that I demoed.

JM2C

MattsMowing3535
10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
exmark IMO

KS_Grasscutter
10-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Exmark or Dixie I would stay away from the Dixon, A local dealer just started careen them the they are IMO under built and poor quality from the one that I demoed.

JM2C

Which one did you demo? What was wrong with it?

gilatplc
10-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Which one did you demo? What was wrong with it?

I demoed a ram mag 44" with a 20 hp kohler,
There was nothing "wrong" with it, the one thing I liked about it was it had lot of power for a 44" deck, I just don't think they stand up to the quality of Exmark,Hustler,Toro,Wright,John Deer,,,,,,,,,,,,
Their just cheap, sorry i don't like then grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter
10-26-2006, 11:54 PM
I demoed a ram mag 44" with a 20 hp kohler,
There was nothing "wrong" with it, the one thing I liked about it was it had lot of power for a 44" deck, I just don't think they stand up to the quality of Exmark,Hustler,Toro,Wright,John Deer,,,,,,,,,,,,
Their just cheap, sorry i don't like then grasscutter

Thanks for the honest reply. I will have to say, there IS one major thing I dont like about the Dixon Speedztrs and Rams... they dont have a whole lot of height settings. The Black Bears, Kodiaks, and everything else have more settings. It is a major PITA sometimes, as one height is too low (about 2.75" the way my mower is set up) and the next is too high (about 3.25"). I REALLY like Dixie Choppers height setting set-up with the 1/4in increments. Wish Dixon would go with something like that on their smaller mowers. I think Hustlers may have the same type of deal too.

lawns Etc
10-27-2006, 10:41 AM
You might want to check out a Wright Stander 36 or Sentar Sport 36 they are the best investment that I have made in a while