PDA

View Full Version : Year end thank-you

AFM Contracting
10-25-2006, 01:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone sends out a year end thank-you letter to all your customers to say thanks and remind them of the other services you offer?

Kate Butler
10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
ALWAYS!!!! And, for my larger clients, I send handmade (by me) balsam fir centerpieces (like a small wreath). Or a couple of jars of homemade jam & jelly.

Rickco
10-25-2006, 06:02 PM
I always send out holiday cards to all my customers.It's amazing how a small thing like that sticks in there head.

richallseasons
10-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I always send out holiday cards to all my customers.It's amazing how a small thing like that sticks in there head.

YES- my wife and I hand write x-mas cards every year,it generates a much larger response than you would think.

Branchland
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
My wife orders Christmas cards from somewhere that has a little envelope of flower seeds inside. We do get a good response and over the years we have gotten more cards from our customers. I think whatever you do it's a nice and inexpensive gester to show you're thinkiing of them in the off season and apprecatie their business.

BSDeality
10-25-2006, 10:12 PM
i use holiday cards and a 5" Pointsettia for all my customers.

ECS
10-25-2006, 10:22 PM
I send evry customer a holiday card, even if it was one small $20 job. For my year round clients We give them a very nice gift.

DBL
10-25-2006, 11:05 PM
im hearing good things about this might have to try it out this year....maby just the holiday cards for starters

Raven386
10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
i actually found cards from Target. that have a space for a family photo in the front... it also fits business cards perfectly.. i hand write the inside. with a happy holidays greeting and a thank you for a great season. i also send it out to potential customers too, and the card is removable so they get a card to remember me over the winter.

Ric3077
10-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Customers love to feel appreciated cards are the least we can do and a small gift for the large accounts is a nice touch too.

KS_Grasscutter
10-26-2006, 08:03 PM
What I did in years past, when I wasnt servicing as many customers, I would get a $15 Hickory Farms gift box (usually just summersausage, cheees, and some crackers) for all the customers. This year, since I have more customers, and ones I like better then others, I will get a better Hickory Farms deal for some customers, a smaller one for some customers, and just a card to others. I will also include a "one free mowing" certificate for all weekly customers.

Link to the Hickory Farms stuff:
www.hickoryfarms.com

Anyway, I really think that little things like this go real far.

tthomass
10-26-2006, 09:31 PM
i go buy the big 3' tall Poinsettias at Costco for $16 each, give one to all of my customers in December and write it off my taxes

MowerMoney
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
I always send cards at Christmas but that little gift like a 5" poinsettia is a good idea.

Do you also send one to that customer that gives you a hard time all year?

BSDeality
10-26-2006, 11:08 PM
I always send cards at Christmas but that little gift like a 5" poinsettia is a good idea.

Do you also send one to that customer that gives you a hard time all year?They wives really gobble them up, if the husband opens the door its like 'what the hell is this thing? and why are you giving it to me?' I give them to my clients who I would like to work with again, if thats what you're asking.

dcondon
10-26-2006, 11:22 PM
i use holiday cards and a 5" Pointsettia for all my customers.

that would be a lot of $$$$ when you have almost 200 accounts..

jsf343
10-26-2006, 11:22 PM
What I did in years past, when I wasnt servicing as many customers, I would get a $15 Hickory Farms gift box (usually just summersausage, cheees, and some crackers) for all the customers. This year, since I have more customers, and ones I like better then others, I will get a better Hickory Farms deal for some customers, a smaller one for some customers, and just a card to others. I will also include a "one free mowing" certificate for all weekly customers.

www.hickoryfarms.com

Wow! I like the hickory farms, maybe I could have you service my yard as long as you send me one of those!:laugh:

Josh.S
10-26-2006, 11:29 PM

www.hickoryfarms.com

I suppose that is a super good idea for the customers your planning on raising by a large % next year. :laugh:

I would like to do something like this but it will have to wait till next year when I get more $$$

BSDeality
10-26-2006, 11:31 PM
that would be a lot of $$$$ when you have almost 200 accounts..its a write off, if you have 200 maintenance accounts, purchasing 200 flowers should just be a drop in the bucket.

Josh.S
10-26-2006, 11:36 PM
its a write off, if you have 200 maintenance accounts, purchasing 200 flowers should just be a drop in the bucket.

if he has 200, and they cost 7 each thats still $1400.. no matter how you look at it that is still alot of money..

Cody's Lawn Service
10-26-2006, 11:38 PM
They pay your bill all summer (hopefully). They see you working all summer. They talk to you all summer. They ask you what you can do for them all summer.

They still forget what you can do for them, their family, their friends, their business associates.

Every chance you get remind them what you can do for them. Show them they are appreciated and not just a check signer. Very few business people I know send cards or gifts. The ones that do reap the benefits. Good luck!

BSDeality
10-26-2006, 11:44 PM
if he has 200, and they cost 7 each thats still $1400.. no matter how you look at it that is still alot of money.. and you collected minimum $30 on the last visit to all 200 clients. thats $6000 right there. now you did that 28 times for the season..... the cost is relative to your number of clients.

Also, its not $7 for a poinsettias. more like $2 if you're buying 200 of them. I get them for around $4/ea and I only get around 3 dozen

Cody's Lawn Service
10-26-2006, 11:50 PM
that would be a lot of $$$$ when you have almost 200 accounts..

Not trying to stir the pot but lets say your only mowing those 200 accounts at a minimum of $20/mow with lets say a 32 week season. That would be $128K gross minus 30% (taxes, taxes, taxes) = 89.6K minus other expenses 30K = 59.6 to you??? Just a figure. If you can not afford approx $1400.00 in cards and poinsettias (200 * $7.00) then you might want to close the doors, sell the equipment and get a clock-in and clock-out job.

Your customers deserve a payback of some sort. Card, gift, stop by and personally thank them at the end of the season, etc...

Without our customers we are nothing!

lawn
10-27-2006, 11:41 AM
My wife orders Christmas cards from somewhere that has a little envelope of flower seeds inside. We do get a good response and over the years we have gotten more cards from our customers. I think whatever you do it's a nice and inexpensive gester to show you're thinkiing of them in the off season and apprecatie their business.

Hi that's a great idea!!! could you please tell me where she gets them? thanks

ozd12005
10-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Every customer gets a christmas card with a instant scratch off ticket

joshlawn
10-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I send mine a card and a "fresh cut grass" scented candle with a personal note attached to each, along with a few coupons for next years service. They all love it, and feel appreciated.

Proscapes
10-28-2006, 03:55 PM
I send out Thanksgiving cards, hand-signed because (1) I'm thankful for the work (2) it stands out - not lost in the Holiday Card stack (3) good time of year for those renewing contracts for the next year. Thanksgiving cards are hard to find and limited in style, but well worth the effort

LawnBrother
10-30-2006, 05:35 PM
The flower seeds are a great idea! My GF works at a chocolate shop and I thought about sending a small box of chocolates, but flower seeds tie in much better with lawncare, and are MUCH cheaper. Thanks for sharing that.

MarkintheGarden
11-02-2006, 05:41 PM
We made our own flower seed packets, my wife designed the label, I collected the seeds (stratified them) and we sent them out in Holiday cards.

I like the Thanksgiving day idea, be the first to say thanks! I am going to do that this year.

MarkintheGarden
11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
ALWAYS!!!! And, for my larger clients, I send handmade (by me) balsam fir centerpieces (like a small wreath). Or a couple of jars of homemade jam & jelly.

For a couple of jars of homemade jam, you could mow my lawn:waving:

georgiagrass
11-02-2006, 07:38 PM
These are some excellent ideas. I really like the cards with seeds idea. The gesture will be remembered by your customers long after you've forgotten the cost.

mmacsek
11-02-2006, 08:12 PM
We give out personalized calendars from Amsterdam printing that has our name ,address,phone number and email on them. There is also a short letter expressing our thanks. The cost is about 3.50 a piece including the envelope. The nice thing is a calendar is something everyone uses and your number is always handy. I send a letter with the last invoice reminding them about any winter services we provide and not with the thank you/gift. They are a huge hit. Matt

Rex Mann
11-02-2006, 09:04 PM
I send out Holiday Cards (read as Christmas Cards) to most of my past clients.

I also give them plain MM's with our logo on one and thank you on the other.
The MM's get more comments then other gifts I've sent in the years past.

Peace,

Rex

http://RMStonescaping.Com

smarino21
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
what about coffe mugs, now a days everyone drinks coffe so how good would it be to have the coffe mug right on there kitchen table every morning they see it. put your logo on one side then have list of services on the other side?>

BSDeality
11-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Jarod (etwman) gives his customers very classy coffee mugs. Search those out for an idea or two. He says they are a huge hit and people want more of them all the time.

SLC, LLC
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
i remember seeing the thread on etwman and the coffee mugs, but cannot locate it through search. does anyone know where this is at?

anyone have websites that they can post as to some good places to purchase items like this?

BSDeality
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=338170&postcount=61

firefightergw
11-08-2006, 12:13 AM
I just got through spending $400 for printing, postage, etc. to send all of our customers a year end thank you and customer survey. The customer survey comes with a self-addressed postage paid envelope. We will also send Christmas cards to all of our customers.

noseha
11-08-2006, 05:32 AM
I don't give out cards. The town I live in has a festival weekend put on by the loins club ( I'm a member ) with a 50/50 drawing. I pay for tickets for some of my customers but not all I pick and choose each year.

AFM Contracting
11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
I really like the mug ideas... maybe some traveling mugs too... but how do you put the logo on so it is dishwasher safe, and where can you get them?