PDA

View Full Version : Sod cutter on plow blade.

jcom
10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Our local DW dealer sells a special blade/cutter for existing lawns. I cannot find it on the DW website.

We have been using a regular blade for grass lawns and it rips it up more than I like. It has been recommended that we use a sod blade. I am looking for more info on it. Specs, photos, etc.. Personal experience as well.

John:usflag:

Dirty Water
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
What plow do you have?

We have a sod cutter (looks like a pizza cutter) wheel on our 410. It does a nice job.

You can also use a D handled spade and a laborer to cut the sod as you plow.

Kartanimal29
10-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Like Jon we have a pizza cutter wheel's on our 410's and LM42's

Wet_Boots
10-25-2006, 08:56 PM
The special blade might be a 'turf shark' - they include extra material, so that a downward-slanted edge is contacting the turf.

jcom
10-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Oops.

We have a 255sx. I have seen the attachment. It has a cutter wheel and a couple of pads on either side to push the sod back down. I don't remember if it was a completely different blade or if it attached to an existing blade.

Thanks,

John

Kartanimal29
10-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Oops.

We have a 255sx. I have seen the attachment. It has a cutter wheel and a couple of pads on either side to push the sod back down. I don't remember if it was a completely different blade or if it attached to an existing blade.

Thanks,

John

Take the pads off , They only make a mess. When your pulling just keep a eye on the cutting wheel, make sure it's a 1in. or so in the ground. Allso make sure your pulling blade is not square on the top , grind it to a V. I was useing a blade this week that was square up top and it pull's alot of dirt out.